TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: '67 Baja Tire Set Up/Baja Kit
surfone7 Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:43 am

Need some expertise in the tire size dept. What is the widest, largest tire I can run on my stock '67 axles Baja? Appreciate the time VDub folks! Looking to buy rims/tires and in central GA!

I also hear Mark V is the best quality for baja fiber kits....is this true? My fenders are quite tired and look it!

VW people ROCK!

Luv 'dem baja's!!!

67bajabug Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:42 am

i am running 31-10.5-15 on the back of my 67 baja.

[email protected] Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:59 am

31" tires are about the max you should go (for a stock car your adding alot of strain to it) allthough you could put a alot larger tire on there If you have the fender clearence. But tire size should be kept as small as you can though or your gonna loose driveability.

Mark V makes good stuff, use truck bedliner materieal on the underside of your new fenders (unless weight is a bigger issue than cracks) to help keep them from cracking from rocks etc. getting kicked up by the tires.

Seeves Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:44 pm

I need help with a similar situation. I don't want to know what the biggest tire I can put on my baja would be. What I want to know is what would be the best size tires that I can put on my baja to level it out. I want ground clearance for looks, but since I mostly drive it on the road anyhow I'd rather keep the car level and looking good. So what would the best 15inch tire combo be for a baja?

Thanks,
Seevers

[email protected] Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:13 am

Thats not an easy one to answer as you don't say if anything has been done to your car, does it have "baja" fenders, does it sit high in the front or rear, etc. ?

Answer some of those, and also what "look" you are wanting for your car and I am sure we can point you inthe right direction as far as sizes go.