TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Front Speaker Enclosure
Sofia74 Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:46 pm

Can anyone help me understand how these fit into the kick panel area of our 1974 KG Coupe? Rebuilding the car so no seats, no carpet, etc. No obstructions. But I cannot figure out how theses fit the space and get good contact the sheet metal. Bought from JBugs and they say the panels will fit all KGs.

Any pictures of them installed to help me solve this puzzle? The one picture of them installed with carpet on the JBugs site didn’t help me...

crocteau Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Sofia74 wrote: Any pictures of them installed to help me solve this puzzle? I massaged (heat gun, sandpaper) the edges of these Glass-Action front speaker panels to match the contours of the car and to fit into channels for the original fiberboard panels in the parts that anchor the windlace, and then added some sheet metal screws to hold them firmly in place. In addition to price there are some notable shape differences between the JBugs and Glass-Action panels, particularly on the lower edge, that may be confounding.

jeffrey8164 Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:09 am

Way back when, I played around with a set of those.
I wasn’t happy with them. I thought I would keep putting my foot in them.
I ended up putting mine in the doors.

In retrospect, I shouldn’t have worried about a stereo at all.
The only way to hear it is at 3/4 volume.

runamoc Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:35 am

Quote: pictures of them installed

Not sure who made mine. Came with the car. Covered them in carpet.

gondiwindi Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:43 pm

Did you have to buy a complete carpet set? My car came with speaker enclosures but I tossed them because I prefer the look and convenience of having a bamboo rack under my steering wheel. Now I just need the front carpet under the steering wheel.