TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Doka Syncro running light issue
BORDOG Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:45 pm

Hey there!
Can any of you Syncro guys help me out? I'm having a problem with my running lights. It's a European truck that had the trailer outlet attached to the curved ball and hitch welded to the brackets. To replace the bumper I needed to cut the wiring and something happened to all the running lights front and rear. The fuses are fine, none of the wires appear fried, and I replaced the bulbs. Could it be at the switch and are they the same as a 2wd? A relay maybe and are they the same..? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you!
Rob

16CVs Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:08 pm

What does not work? be specific. Why did you cut the wire and not just unscrew it from the plug?

Stacy

BORDOG Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Hey Stacy -
Thanks for getting back to me.
The running lights - parking lights..? The ones that come on in the front and rear when you put on the headlights.
I'm not sure if you can unscrew the back of the plug, it is the European style. It's the type that is welded to the side of the hitch and ball. The mounting brackets, and the ball and hitch are all one piece. To attach a regular bumper to it I had to notch out a section of the bottom of the bumper. It all started when I wanted the steel Gowesty bumpers off my 2wd onto the new Doka.The Doka only had the mounting bracket but no actual bumper. Are all the later model 2wd and Syncro dash switches and relays the same?
Appreciative of your time,
Rob

16CVs Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:07 pm

Did you change the switch? there are many variants. What else did you do other than cutting the wires?

Stacy