TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Fuse 1 Radiator Low Speed Fan - Yellow (C) connector burned
gertiebob Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:02 pm

This is just for information. I had posted a question but answered myself and deleted it.

I have a fuseblock where fuse 1 had been bypassed with an added remote fuse. It provides power to the radiator fan at low speed. I wanted to clean up the block -- several other issues, too. I wondered why it had been bypassed and here is why. This is pin 7 in the yellow C multi connector. It is outgoing power to radiator fan. Power to here is from fuse 1 (S1, 30A). Red/White wire had been chopped right at the connector.

Ruined pin receiver is sitting on it's location in Bentley. p97.82

Cheers,
Bob

4Gears4Tires Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:29 am

Crunchy. :o

markswagen Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:30 am

Looks like you need a replacement fuse panel, and half the yellow connector.
They are easy enough to de-pin,if you have the tool, they can be found on ebay, or Amazon.
I have seen plenty of the white ones melt, the black wire, for the ignition.
Clean the the terminals into submission, and use dialectic grease, when you put it back together.

gertiebob Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:29 am

Fortunately, I have all replacement parts! Fuseblock, and most of the wiring harnesses to replace or salvage from.

I always use dialectric grease. ...and I will get rid of all the taps and crimps. I plan to cut/solder/heatshrink cover. I don't like butt connectors or those pinprick taps.

Also, thoroughly clean all grounds.

Does anybody know if it is "normal" to have all the blue/white "dimmer light" wires joined with odd crimp things? Very odd if VW does that. Odd, too if some PO did it, too....