TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Active Split Bus Registry?
id'r Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:46 pm

Is there an active split bus registry? A quick forum search pointed to vintagebus.com as being the most populated, but it appears this site is no longer. A few other projects started also, but with dead links.

Was thinking about some of those unknown m-codes and using a searchable database/registry to help crack some codes.

Eric&Barb Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:12 pm

Vintagebus.com

Quote "Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

So looks like it is not lost.

bobrk Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:33 am

Eric&Barb wrote: Vintagebus.com

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Looking on archive.org, it looks like it's been down since 2017.

thom Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:30 am

bobrk wrote: Eric&Barb wrote: Vintagebus.com

It hadn't been maintained since before that. I just assumed someone else would pick up where I left off with the registry. I gave Lind a copy of the data.

Clara Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:07 am

thom wrote: bobrk wrote: Eric&Barb wrote: Vintagebus.com

It hadn't been maintained since before that. I just assumed someone else would pick up where I left off with the registry. I gave Lind a copy of the data.

It sounds like someone could pick it up if they wanted.

If someone wants to host a split bus registry, they might ask Lind about the info for his Westfalia registry. He used to have a site with a registry of pressed bumper Westies, but that was before Greg and I picked up the Montana '56.

earlywesty Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:51 am

Clara wrote: thom wrote: bobrk wrote: Eric&Barb wrote: Vintagebus.com

It sounds like someone could pick it up if they wanted.

If someone wants to host a split bus registry, they might ask Lind about the info for his Westfalia registry. He used to have a site with a registry of pressed bumper Westies, but that was before Greg and I picked up the Montana '56.
Whats involved in maintaining the westfalia registry? I know nothing about doing this type of work but would love to see the pressed bumper westfalia registry up and running. I might be convinced to take it on....Lind, details?