TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: maple grove pa this weekend Page: 1, 2  Next
pawesty Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:26 pm

http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/vw%20super%20jam%2004.htm :D

obus Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:09 pm

well i had hoped to go but my niece turns 9 that day and will be around so i have to do the good godfather thing. so, i will miss another damn show! if something gets in the way of me making the litchfield show i will go postal on someone!!!

MrBreeze Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:10 pm

I'm out. I'm leaving Thursday after work to see my little brother in NC. Then it's on to Litchfield.

67 karmann rag Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:42 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

pawesty Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:55 am

i'll be attending, i'll be sure to have fun for all of you other guys :D

obus Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:08 am

i'm major jealous! i always have had luck at the swaps at maple grove!!!!

javabug Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:35 am

I'll be there, Super Jam is one of the best shows around. Swap meet always pretty good.

$20 for spectators this year tho. :( :roll:

j.pickens Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:28 pm

javabug wrote: I'll be there, Super Jam is one of the best shows around. Swap meet always pretty good.

$20 for spectators this year tho. :( :roll:

Yeah, what's up with these prices?
I paid FIFTY BUCKS to swap at Manassas.
Makes if highly unlikely I'll be making that trip again.

javabug Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:14 am

I was always under the impression that Maple Grove Park set the admission prices for events at their venue, but I could be wrong. Back when it was still $15 it was high, but still tolerable because its a good show. Think if you have a whole family going to the show, with 2 or 3 kids, you've got nealy $100 just getting in.

Oh well, its only money.

mattcuddy Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:39 am

I'll be attending.
Gotta love those shows that are only an hour away!!

obus Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:09 am

maple grove was always pricey as long as i can remember(i think i went in 92 or so? and many times since) but i always got good deals that made up for the high admission!!! again wish i could go :cry:

vwsplitman Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:12 am

Hey guys, come to Litchfield. More cars than Maple Grove, swap meet with over 100 vendors, and admission is $6. Yea, we went up a buck. Plus the proceeds go to local charity. Chuck P

MrBreeze Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:25 pm

I'm bored here in NC, so I'm doing this small show here on Saturday then I'm leaving first thing Sunday and I'm gonna hit this show. Anyone coming, stop by my green westy and say hi!

1979westie Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:29 pm

Sadly, I won't be there. And I was looking so forward to it! My bus is still in shambles, and I can't get off work. I never get to any shows. It really sucks. :cry:
Eric

pawesty Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:01 am

although i won't be arriving in my westy(engine is still being reassembled)i will be attending none the less. Rob, i look forward to meeting you and seeing that bus up close!!
dave

joey-bugnaked.com Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:06 am

I'll be there. Heading up today and camping. We got a bunch of sites reserved everyone is welcome to join us.

obus Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:20 pm

i'm going really early w/ my bud Ed. i have to blow out of there early to make my nieces party in nj!!! i will be wearing a special "The Samba "
t-shirt!

Glenn Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:21 pm

I'll be there wearing my NEVA T-Shirt. If you see me.. say Hi.

obus Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:03 pm

will do. grey samba shirt w/ "special" back lettering and a hat(i got a bad burn on myshaved head today) i'll be with a really skinny guy

obus Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:37 am

ok, so i went to Maple Brove but had to leave early. Met Joey from BugNaked. Nice to meet him finally. looked around for other Sambanistas and even had my Samba shirt on with "O Bus": in orange electrical tape on my back but i think i was there and gone too early. did not see MrBreeze or Gleen there. maybe i left too early? only beef w/ the show was the 20 bucks i had to fork over to get in!!! did it get crowded later in the day at all?