TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Search for pictures wiring harness under the floor
raina Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:49 am

Hello, first sorry for my bad Englisch therefore its not easy for me to use the search function. I am seaching for pictures how the wiring harness is located under the 67 T1 Bus under the floor to the engine room. Hope you can help me with pictures or a link. Many thanks from the woodquater in Austria, rainer

mdege Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:05 am

About half ways down the page you can see how I installed the wiring harness on my 65. Maybe it helps you.

Ab Mitte der Seite kannst Du sehen wie ich meinen neuen Kabelbaum in meinen 65er eingezogen habe. Vielleicht hilft es Dir.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...p;start=80

raina Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:23 am

Perfect Michael ! The whole story and pictures helps a lot ! Thank you, Rainer

Huetti_1989 Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:49 pm

raina wrote: Hello, first sorry for my bad Englisch therefore its not easy for me to use the search function. I am seaching for pictures how the wiring harness is located under the 67 T1 Bus under the floor to the engine room. Hope you can help me with pictures or a link. Many thanks from the woodquater in Austria, rainer

Hello rainer.

you can also use the regular google site to search for pictures and posts on the samba like
........thesamba split bus 67 wiring harness........
if you have specific year questions i can look at my 67 for reference.

greetings from the Salzkammergut, Christian

DubStyle Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 am

Great pictures and it makes it look easier when you see it this way. My issue is belly pans. :roll: :? :roll:

mdege Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:17 am

Belly pans on bus, that had them from the factory shouldn't be an issue because they had a pipe going from front to rear for the wiring harness. Of course who know what the state of that pipe is after so many years.

You can tie a rope to the old harness when you remove it. That will help you when installing the new one.

NAES Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:33 am

My bus is on its side with the original harness in place. If you still needs pics I'll load some up for you

raina Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:36 am

Yes if its possible send the pictures

raina Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:41 pm

For my understandig, are there are different ways how the cables are mounted? Is it correct that my 67 has a tunnel and older ones are outside? Have not seen my bus under since years because i live not anymore there where i had the possibility to use a lifting platform. I start in spring after some years ago again.

DubStyle Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:55 pm

mdege wrote: Belly pans on bus, that had them from the factory shouldn't be an issue because they had a pipe going from front to rear for the wiring harness. Of course who know what the state of that pipe is after so many years.

You can tie a rope to the old harness when you remove it. That will help you when installing the new one.

Yes, this is where it gets interesting. The PO had new ones installed and I don't know if the pipe is there or not. :roll: I guess I'll find out when I decide to pull ni a new wire harness.

Krustybus Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:54 pm

raina wrote: For my understandig, are there are different ways how the cables are mounted? Is it correct that my 67 has a tunnel and older ones are outside?

I believe all year belly pan busses have a tube down the right right frame rail for the wire harness. Only the front-to-rear brake line in mounted on the outside of the belly pans.

raina Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:23 pm

My englisch again ... what doed "belly pan bus" mean ? Its a stupid word in the German translation named "bauchpfannenbus" .

Krustybus Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:45 am

Belly pans are reinforcements welded to the rockers and frame to strengthen the body on busses with sunroofs or cargo doors on both sides. Here are some examples I found by searching the gallery:

They are stamped steel panels

Installed:

Because it seals the frame area, the wiring harness requires a tube.
On busses without the belly pan, the harness runs in the same place ,but is secured with welded on metal tabs that are folded over to hold it in place.

raina Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:24 am

Thanks for that information ! Thats not used on my bus. Makes work on the cables much easyer fo me.