TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Goodbye Vanagon! (selling price) Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Yellow Rabbit Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:39 am

Don’t feel too bad. Vehicles are a money pit. Had you purchased a brand new Civic and had to sell it after an equally short time you would have also lost a large sum of money due to depreciation and interest.

MarkWard Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:04 am

Yellow Rabbit wrote: Don’t feel too bad. Vehicles are a money pit. Had you purchased a brand new Civic and had to sell it after an equally short time you would have also lost a large sum of money due to depreciation and interest.

True.

AZ Landshaper Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:34 pm

So much for my new yoga video.

WestyWanter Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:40 pm

Sadly from anecdotal experience as of late perhaps the vanagon market is softening a little right now too, my westy weekender hasn't had a serious offer in the 3 months its been for sale, and selling things in this day is a pita. I wish you luck!

photogdave Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 pm

WestyWanter wrote: Sadly from anecdotal experience as of late perhaps the vanagon market is softening a little right now too, my westy weekender hasn't had a serious offer in the 3 months its been for sale, and selling things in this day is a pita. I wish you luck!

Maybe the market will take off again once COVID is over and people can travel more freely?
Try advertising in Texas... :wink:

heavymetaqueen Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:39 am

I totally understand why it makes some sense to just pay for repairs, but ya I'm definitely on Skills' side currently. Planning on taking the first offer that comes my way. I'm in communication with 3 people right now who have looked at other Vanagons from nearby states (as there's not many in Chicago) in worse condition that mine priced higher so hopefully someone will bite soon. Luckily I'm as paranoid as I am stubborn, and considering I'm planning on converting a van to live in I would rather not run into another issue with a van that needs such special treatment (at least with my budget).

dobryan Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:49 am

I wish you all the best on your journey. Let us know how you doing when you get settled in with a van to live in.

Abscate Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 am

AZ Landshaper wrote: So much for my new yoga video.

Xevin and I have a new series out that would have killed yours anyway

'Cellulite Fat Guys in Speedos' Yoga

Coming soon.

jlrftype7 Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:54 pm

Abscate wrote: AZ Landshaper wrote: So much for my new yoga video.

Xevin and I have a new series out that would have killed yours anyway

'Cellulite Fat Guys in Speedos' Yoga

Coming soon. . Oh. The horror.... :wink: :wink:

Abscate Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:15 pm

I got sick just typing that..... :oops: