TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Transporterfest - October 10, 2021 - Brookline, MA Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
82westyrabbit Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:20 am

Is there still room for camping Saturday night?if so I would like to show up mid afternoon on Saturday and drive to the show with everyone else. Thanks John

Stanagon Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:39 am

Camping is currently full. I can put you on a waiting list, but you must text me. My number is in the same post as the camping list.

lastchancevw Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:59 pm

I hope there's plenty of room for vending! Gonna load up the bus full of parts this year, with any luck this will really cut down on the amount of stuff i got left!

Any specific requests as to what i should bring? I tend to not bring too many super heavy things but also have avoided bringing seats and glass as those things seem to be slow sellers

-Tara

CrRusty Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:26 am

For those camping at Winter Island, Bring your bicycles. Its a great way to get into and around Salem. Don't forget to bring a bicycle lock.

If others are interested I'm considering a "Tour around Rockport" Driving up to Rockport, from the campground, parking the vehicles and bicycle around to different landmarks. This would be easy and casual trek (5 to 10 miles) Its along the ocean ,but there are some hills. Wear walking shoes since I'm planning on hiking on Granite jetties and possible beaches, the village, etc.. We can buy or bring a lunch and have a picnic on the ocean.

My current thoughts: Meet at Fort Pickering Lighthouse, adjacent to the Igloo for departing at 10 am Saturday. Probably be back by 2 to 4 pm?

Open to suggestions, ---Randy---

HoboBus Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:09 pm

Randy, Ok - I managed to get the mountain bike in the Bus tonight. Man I take too much crap camping. :shock: :roll:

Loaded some firewood also.

I'd be up for a ride into Salem for a pint or 2. Some fish and chips maybe.... Looks like there's a taco place down the street..... Little tour around town.

I should be rolling out of work by 3 pm Friday, depending on traffic I should arrive between 4 and 5.

Hobo.

vanagonjr Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:13 pm

CrRusty wrote: For those camping at Winter Island, Bring your bicycles. Its a great way to get into and around Salem. Don't forget to bring a bicycle lock.

If others are interested I'm considering a "Tour around Rockport" Driving up to Rockport, from the campground, parking the vehicles and bicycle around to different landmarks. This would be easy and casual trek (5 to 10 miles) Its along the ocean ,but there are some hills. Wear walking shoes since I'm planning on hiking on Granite jetties and possible beaches, the village, etc.. We can buy or bring a lunch and have a picnic on the ocean.

My current thoughts: Meet at Fort Pickering Lighthouse, adjacent to the Igloo for departing at 10 am Saturday. Probably be back by 2 to 4 pm?

Open to suggestions, ---Randy---
Iím definitely interested. Iím bringing an MTB on knobbies, but great for urban roads I figure.
There are several breweries we could ride to right from the campground. Only a few miles away, so that could even be a Fri adventure.

Iíve also ridden to and around Marblehead from the CG, and thereís also a bike path that Iíve followed which eventually turned to dirt and headed into a state forest.

MuzzcoVW Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:37 am

Looking forward to this. Making the 90 mile trip from Westfield with a few others. I REALLY hope the rain holds off!

MuzzcoVW Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:39 am

Stanagon wrote: Be sure to check out this special truck in the Museum on show day.

Looking forward to seeing Krusty again!

Stanagon Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:55 am

lastchancevw wrote: I hope there's plenty of room for vending! Gonna load up the bus full of parts this year, with any luck this will really cut down on the amount of stuff i got left!

Any specific requests as to what i should bring? I tend to not bring too many super heavy things but also have avoided bringing seats and glass as those things seem to be slow sellers

-Tara
Ö

Vending will be the same as in the past. Should be plenty of room.

Stanagon Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:31 pm

Early arrivals for pre-show camp-out.

crukab Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:02 pm

I will be bringing a bunch of odds & ends to sell, Split & Bay stuff, late '50's early '60s Sales brochures for Split Bus & Bug, also Bay & Ghia, I have pics in my Gallery on pages 6 & 7 of some of the brochures I will be bringing.
See you folks Sunday !!

fez68 Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:40 pm

crukab wrote: I will be bringing a bunch of odds & ends to sell, Split & Bay stuff, late '50's early '60s Sales brochures for Split Bus & Bug, also Bay & Ghia, I have pics in my Gallery on pages 6 & 7 of some of the brochures I will be bringing.
See you folks Sunday !!
hey man , hope to see you at the show. I remember you from years back, where you the one selling the splitty a while ago up in royalton vt?

fez68 Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:04 pm

obnoxiousblue wrote: Stan, can you add:
Brian Larsen, NY '73 orange Westy. Fri-Sat.

Thanks

Also, do we know if they are running the race this year?
I assume folks are going to want to cruise down to the show again.
As with always, I'll have the usual route directions in hand the morning of to those who caravan. If you have one, bring your FRS/GMRS radio.

I just got a gmrs radio for my truck . Been meaning to try it out . Ill bring it with me tomorrow in my bus. Ill be there in the afternoon, 68 pearl white westy. lets set a channel for the ride.

cdeorio Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:04 am

What time are you all rolling out to caravan down to Brookline? Iím over in Beverly and would like to jump in the caravan.

Cheers
Chris

Stanagon Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:32 am

cdeorio wrote: What time are you all rolling out to caravan down to Brookline? Iím over in Beverly and would like to jump in the caravan.

Cheers
Chris

The caravan is scheduled to leave at 8am tomorrow.

Stanagon Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:35 am

We have a camper here in Salem who bent a pushrod driving up from NY. He needs a 2.0L, non-hydraulic pushrod to get him running again. Can anyone help?

Update: we fixed the bus with an OE pushrod, supplied by one of our campers.

OldVolks67 Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:52 pm

Phenomenal camp spot! A bit chilly with off shore winds but great views!
Thank you to Stan for putting this on!!

crukab Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:22 am

Trucks loaded w/ Parts & Literature, see you all in a few hours...

fez68 Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:36 pm

OldVolks67 Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:21 pm

What a great show! Good times. Thanks again Stan for a weekend full of VW!