View original topic: What is this thing? Valve (?) in water filler tank
VicVan Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:07 pm

Welcome to today's edition of: What is this thing?

Found inside the hose used to fill up the kitchen water tank (1990 Vanagon Westy). It looks like a basic check-valve of some sort? Looks like it would prevent water flowing from the tank back in the hose, and then out the hook-up box. Do I need it?

The weird thing is that, given the side the flange is on, if you put it over the hose fitting on the tank, and then screw the hose in, it looks like it's preventing water to go in the tank. So you have to put it the other way, and hope it stays in place while you screw the hose in.

More pics for context:

DanHoug Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:31 pm

that appears to be the guts from the flip lid fill port. seems larger than i remember but same type of valve.

VicVan Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:29 pm

Oh, so it was at the other end. I see. I've ordered a replacement for the fill port, so that will be taken care of then. Thanks!

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group