TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Tissue Dispenser Size
67ctbug Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:39 pm

Anyone with a square tissue dispenser able to measure it for me? I have an idea for a project and want to make something in a similar size. This one in particular-

EverettB Sun May 02, 2021 2:19 pm

I don't have a square one but I have the one with an angled front face.
This style (not mine but same one):

I wonder if the only the removable face is different?

If it helps, the measurements of the part of it with the angled face plate removed are:
6 11/16" x 4 15/16" x 2"

6 11/16" includes the little lip that the face plate goes around

If it will help you to have photos or any other measurements of mine, let me know.

Typ3nut Mon May 03, 2021 1:32 pm

Mine is the OG VW angled face and these are what fits : Kleenex JR. or Kleenex Little Travelers, Size : 8.5 x 6.2 inch
This size is no longer available but I purchased some Vintage one's available from eBay.
You may want to purchase what is available is New similar size and build to that measurement.

67ctbug Mon May 03, 2021 7:59 pm

Thanks guys! My plan is not tissues rather, usb ports/ phone chargers. It'll look like an original accessory at a car show, but then I can plug the phone charger in and charge up. I find it interesting that the tissues are twice the size of the box, because I've seen a picture showing the whole set up and the box was noticeably smaller than the tissues themselves and they were the original ones.
Typ3nut could you post measurements of oyu angled unit?

EverettB Mon May 03, 2021 10:33 pm

Another NOS pic with all the stuff

Tissue box looks like the size to fill the dispenser to me here

67ctbug Mon May 10, 2021 2:28 pm

It's crazy 'cause there's no way it's 6" wide.

EverettB Mon May 10, 2021 4:57 pm

6" is the length or depth as you face it.

On mine 4 15/16" is the width - left to right size as you face it

67ctbug Mon May 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Right so then the tissues would be 8" wide. What are you supposed to do, cut them in half :lol:

EverettB Mon May 10, 2021 11:09 pm

I think you lost me, are you talking about the tissue when it's pulled out of the box?
They are folded inside the box so they might expand when pulled out.

67ctbug Fri May 14, 2021 7:43 pm

So the tissues are 8x6. The box itself is only 4x6. So the tissues would need to be folded in half to fit in the box.