TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Need help with interview project Page: 1, 2  Next
liftedtdibug Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:41 am

Hi, my name is Chad Poore and I’m a college student working on a project based on thesamba.com. Would you be open to an interview on the phone that might take 20-30 minutes for $15.00? You must be 18 years old. I suck at notes, so I will record the call for going back over. If so, message me your name, number and a time (and time zone) to call you that works for your schedule. Thanks for your time.
Kind regards,
Chad Poore

TDCTDI Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:13 am

So… did you become a Samba member when you were 10 or are you a “professional” student? :lol:

finster Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:31 am

what...?! :shock: :?

liftedtdibug - did you mean people must be over 18?

KTPhil Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:42 am

Not to be so negative, but I would hesitate to divulge phone and other info without knowing a little more about this activity. Maybe a link to the entity (school? business?) that is running this assignment? Hopefully not the University of Nigeria...

Zundfolge1432 Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Hell just go to a VW car show and volunteer to help. You will meet all kinds of interesting folks.look who I met Saturday

60vwnewengland Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:30 pm

Zundfolge1432 wrote: Hell just go to a VW car show and volunteer to help. You will meet all kinds of interesting folks.look who I met Saturday

Forget the trekkies and Comic-Con cosplayers, what the hell is that super Beetle and Karmann Ghia trailer in the back ground? Holey Shamoley!

Glenn Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:35 pm

60vwnewengland wrote: Forget the trekkies and Comic-Con cosplayers,

Chickensoup Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:48 pm

TDCTDI wrote: So… did you become a Samba member when you were 10 or are you a “professional” student? :lol:

thats what i was gonna say :lol: but then i realized something about this doesnt seem right.

Fish Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:47 pm

He joined the samba 11 years ago and has 1 post. This thread. :?

Abscate Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:02 am

Chickensoup wrote: TDCTDI wrote: So… did you become a Samba member when you were 10 or are you a “professional” student? :lol:

thats what i was gonna say :lol: but then i realized something about this doesnt seem right.

Do your feelings do matter??

bigdog1962 Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:45 am

liftedtdibug wrote: Would you be open to an interview on the phone that might take 20-30 minutes for $15.00?

Even Napoleon Dynamite got about a dollar an hour. You need to raise your rate! :D

jeffrey8164 Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:57 am

Hi Chad,
We here at the Samba are a cynical bunch. A little more info on your “Project“ would be helpful for us. I myself am kind of interested. What is this project?
I will agree that one post in 11 years seems suspect.
Best regards,
Jeffrey

hitest Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:09 am

Where it involves thesamba.com I'm withholding all opinions until this thread is addressed by Everett B.

As it reads now- weird and suspect.

EverettB Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:24 am

He emailed me beforehand and asked permission to post it.

He said I could do it too, if I wanted.

Asking first and offering it to me too would be abnormal for something weird but I don't know anything further about this member or the interview.

my59 Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 pm

He PM'd contact info to me, I'll be a nice guy and call. I wager it's something along the line of what does an online community provide...

Pruneman99 Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:11 pm

I helped a high school student a few months ago because he had specific questions about the interior of a bug. He was doing a research paper for his forensics class in regards to evidence collection in the Ted Bundy case.

But I personally know the instructor, and she talked to me first and asked if it would be ok if the student contacted me.

I wouldn't be so keen to respond to a random post on the interwebs though.

Glenn Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:17 pm

Pruneman99 wrote: I wouldn't be so keen to respond to a random post on the interwebs though.
I only need some basic information such as your name, address, social security number, bank account and routing number.

Trust me... this info is already available on the interweb. ;)

Abscate Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 pm

Pruneman99 wrote: I helped a high school student a few months ago because he had specific questions about the interior of a bug. He was doing a research paper for his forensics class in regards to evidence collection in the Ted Bundy case.

But I personally know the instructor, and she talked to me first and asked if it would be ok if the student contacted me.

I wouldn't be so keen to respond to a random post on the interwebs though.

Sweet Jesus, there is a name I don’t ever want to see again.

KTPhil Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:47 pm

Eleven years a member and not one post until now? Color me skeptical.

Doubly so if he wants to pay in bitcoin. ;-)

finster Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:49 am

if he asks you about your first car and your mother's maiden name, get suspicious... :wink: