TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Newbie again...
cew Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:26 pm

Greetings! I don't know if this is the correct forum but I didn't see one entitled "Newbies" or "Introductions" so here goes....

I joined "TheSamba" several years ago but sold my 1961 Beetle after only a few months of ownership. Now, after buying a "fairly solid and complete but needs a lot of love" 1967 Beetle, I've decided to knock the dust off of my login credentials and see what's new in the Bug world.

I'll be searching for some replacement parts as well as tech tips to help get this little car safely on the road. Not trying to restore, only looking to create a solid and reliable driver.

Here are the Body and Engine numbers if someone would like to decipher them:

Body -- 117776550
Engine -- H5297385

Are there any other "numbers" I need to find and record from this car to validate its existence?

Thanks for having me and I'll post some pics when I take some.

Big Bill Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:51 am

Welcome back, those are probably the most important numbers you will need. You could also check behind the spare tire for a Paint Code sticker to see if the OG color is present. ( I am not entirely sure the 67s had the Paint sticker). Enjoy!

vwuberalles Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:52 am

Welcome back! Once you have some pics start a build thread in the 58-67 Beetle forum. Lots of knowledgeable people that can help you answer your questions along the way!

cew Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:28 pm

Big Bill wrote: Welcome back, those are probably the most important numbers you will need. You could also check behind the spare tire for a Paint Code sticker to see if the OG color is present. ( I am not entirely sure the 67s had the Paint sticker). Enjoy!
Thank you. I'll look.

cew Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:29 pm

vwuberalles wrote: Welcome back! Once you have some pics start a build thread in the 58-67 Beetle forum. Lots of knowledgeable people that can help you answer your questions along the way!
Thank you. Will do.