TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Tool battery replacement site suggestions or to avoid Page: Previous  1, 2
56Cabrio Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:28 pm

skills@eurocarsplus wrote: cdennisg wrote:

Yellow? made in America? HUH? Dewalt is owned by Black and Decker. Not made in USA the last I checked. Pretty sure their headquarters are overseas, too, to avoid corporate taxes and all..

try again

they are about 45 mins from me

https://www.commercialcafe.com/commercial-property...48%20Sqft.

My in-laws worked for Price Pfister for 20+ years until they moved the plant to Mexicali, Mexico. They gave them all a crappy severance package, Price Pfister was owned by Stanley Black and Decker at the time.
So I wont buy anything made by Black and Decker.

In 1996 Price Pfister shut down its foundry in the U.S. as they began moving jobs over into Mexico, laying off 300 of the 1200 U.S. jobs at their plant in Pacoima, California.[4] To protest the layoffs and limited severance packages, ten of the workers went on hunger strikes, and on day ten of the strike one of them collapsed and required medical attention. The company blamed the cutbacks on state regulations that limited the amount of lead allowed in faucets.[6] A local labor activist group leader stated that the company was "using environmental issues as a scapegoat" since rival companies had already managed to improve their manufacturing within the U.S.[5] The Teamsters local negotiator claimed that the move was due in part to the cheaper cost of labor over in Mexico, stating that the wages at the plant were $17 an hour including benefits, while in Mexico the wages were $1 or less.[7] The new president, Ron Cooper, stated that the remaining 900 jobs might soon be moved as well, since the Pacoima plant would be too large for their needs. Regardless of where they moved, the 450 factory workers would be laid off and a new staff would be hired. The plant was completely shut down in 1997.

Abscate Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:10 am

cdennisg wrote: Abscate wrote: Save that old one and I’ll give it a go for rework.

-Mister Sister

LAGrunthaner wrote: Unfortunately after taking the original battery case apart I disposed of it because I damaged the casing.

I know. In NJ, we are used to having to find things in the garbage and moving them, especially upstate.