TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: "Dubs in Dogtown" all VW car show in St. Louis, MO on Saturday
BulliBill Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:09 pm

"Dubs in Dogtown" VW Car Show

This Saturday Oct 2nd, 2021

VW bodied or powered only

10am start, with awards at 3:30pm

address: 1360 Tamm Ave, Dogtown, St. Louis, MO 63139

organized and hosted by: Air Cooled Antiques

Be there!

Bill (not my event, but I wouldn't miss it!)

3foldfolly Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:05 pm

It's a shame they don't schedule an alternate rain date for these events. It's forecasted to rain all day long tomorrow. No fun walking around in the rain all day or getting your classic VW soaked to the bone. VW events like this are few and far between in the St. Louis area and many of us look forward to the Aircooled Antiques events and are disappointed when we are unable to attend due to inclement weather.

BulliBill Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:14 pm

I don't know so much about the above... Despite the on-again, mostly off-again sprinkles and light rain. I enjoyed the Aircolled Antiques VW Show and gathering. As organizing for alternate days, nobody I know regionally who runs a VW event big or small, including me, can arrange for an alternate day. You'd have to have the site owners agree and keep their site unrented and available, vendors wouldn't commit to several possible dates, and getting VW enthusiasts and their cars to do the same would probably never work. Hell, they are just old automobiles. They can get wet and survive just fine, so can the humans who love 'em. Just wash 'em up before you tuck them away again. Most folks had easy-up tents for shelter and conversations, and umbrellas too.

Yeah, it ideally would have been nice to have prefect weather, but it doesn't work perfectly all the time. We showed up, had a great time and we are very grateful to Russ, Jody, their volunteer staffers and to the Aircooled Antiques for scheduling and hosting this event! See ya at the Spring event - rain or shine!

Bill Bowman