TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Electric vehicles are bad Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 233, 234, 235  Next
steve244 Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:22 am

Sure there were. Ice cores for one.

Onceler Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:33 am

another graph with CO2 going back further in time

steve244 Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:35 am

Please don't make this about the climate.

It's about electric vehicles (planes, cars, busses, trucks, bicycles) being bad.

Bonesberg55 Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:39 am

I'm really impressed by all of these graphs & colored pictures.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathRay64 Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:41 am

Onceler wrote: The extra greenhouse gases cause extra heating

Thats the theory, however it is wrong and no real world observation has confirmed it yet. The real world data says it is wrong.

steve244 Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:45 am

Can't we just agree that electric cars are bad?

Manfred58sc Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:01 am

I'd like to see actual owners/operators chime in on their experiences. I've talked to a few people that drive them and they are all happy. I met a retired rich guy at a hot springs with a Tesla model S. He put 78K on it driving all over the Western US and only replaced tires. he had some sort of extended range battery. The Chinese are buying E-vehicles in mass and they are the number 1 market. Maybe they aren't totally bad...at least from a consumer point of view.

Mickey bitsko Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:15 am

Steve, please explain, why ,at this point, polluting the the earth's waterways mining precious metals then being beholden to our political enemies, cluttering miles of landscape with ugly fuqing wind turbines and solar panels and pumping more dinosaur sludge to build ev's is better for the environment?

Haven't we, most of the earth's human population, cluttered and choked waterways and oceans with petroleum based garbage? Do a little research on microplastic particles being found in every ocean on the planet.
Don't you think it would be a good idea to clean up the big heap of shit we've already made before we create another? All the bobbleheads and scientists cannot predict how bad this next disaster will be, and I doubt they care as long as they get the big bucks.
The crap we hear now is bought and paid for by .gov/lobbyist. You cannot deny it.
Why is it humans like crap where they eat 😕

This is why I believe we are not ready for for ev's, one last thing, is electric the best we can come up with.. that's not thinking very far out of the box imo.

Bonesberg55 Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:17 am

Onceler wrote: another graph with CO2 going back further in time

Looks like a polygraph with one big lie at the end and revised labeling

steve244 Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:35 am

Mickey bitsko wrote: Steve, please explain, why ,at this point, polluting the the earth's waterways mining precious metals then being beholden to our political enemies, cluttering miles of landscape with ugly fuqing wind turbines and solar panels and pumping more dinosaur sludge to build ev's is better for the environment?

Haven't we, most of the earth's human population, cluttered and choked waterways and oceans with petroleum based garbage? Do a little research on microplastic particles being found in every ocean on the planet.
Don't you think it would be a good idea to clean up the big heap of shit we've already made before we create another? All the bobbleheads and scientists cannot predict how bad this next disaster will be, and I doubt they care as long as they get the big bucks.
The crap we hear now is bought and paid for by .gov/lobbyist. You cannot deny it.

This is why I believe we are not ready for for ev's, one last thing, is electric the best we can come up with.. that's not thinking very far out of the box imo.

Because it's good for business, and gives consumers what they want.

steve244 Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:36 am

Manfred58sc wrote: I'd like to see actual owners/operators chime in on their experiences. I've talked to a few people that drive them and they are all happy. I met a retired rich guy at a hot springs with a Tesla model S. He put 78K on it driving all over the Western US and only replaced tires. he had some sort of extended range battery. The Chinese are buying E-vehicles in mass and they are the number 1 market. Maybe they aren't totally bad...at least from a consumer point of view.

check my sig. read my posts in this thread.

We now return you to hating on EVs...

Onceler Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:47 am

Sales around the world

vwracerdave Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:59 am

The only way to lower the CO2 emissions is to reduce the amount of humans living on planet Earth. We need to cut the human population in 1/2.

Climate change is a hoax to extort money out of stupid people. The best science we have today can only predict weather 48-72 Hrs. in advance. ANYBODY that tells you what the weather will be in 10 years is just sticking their finger up your ass. We only have accurate weather data from the last 130 years. Anything before that is just a guess.

EV's are not the answer to a problem that doesn't exist.

Onceler Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:59 am

global heating corresponds to increased greenouse gasses

Bonesberg55 Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:15 am

"The best science we have today can only predict weather 48-72 Hrs. in advance".

I have not come across that "best science" watching either the local newscast or The Weather Channel. They can't get tomorrow right! Those graphs are absolutely ridiculous. They do look impressive though, don't they?

Onceler Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:24 am

and predicted temperature change in the future

Quote: An illustration based on CMIP6 data available in the CDS showing global mean temperature between 1850 and 2100 for selected CMIP6 models. The grey shaded area shows the range of historical simulations and the coloured areas show potential future temperature change based on different greenhouse gas emission scenarios (red is pessimistic, blue is realistic and green is optimistic). Credit: Copernicus Climate Change Service, ECMWF.
https://climate.copernicus.eu/latest-projections-future-climate-now-available

Mickey bitsko Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:27 am

steve244 wrote: Mickey bitsko wrote: Steve, please explain, why ,at this point, polluting the the earth's waterways mining precious metals then being beholden to our political enemies, cluttering miles of landscape with ugly fuqing wind turbines and solar panels and pumping more dinosaur sludge to build ev's is better for the environment?

Because it's good for business, and gives consumers what they want.

Lame

steve244 Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:45 am

Agree completely. If left alone, business seeks the lowest costs which don't account for externalities. This is where regulation steps in.

But that's not the topic of this thread, which is "EVs are bad". Please use this to counter "good for business" and "consumer desire."

Mickey bitsko Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:56 am

Interesting you don't discount ANY of the issues I proposed.
You show your progressive stance. We'll just kick the can down the road.
You and I won't around to discuss any collateral damage..
For now, we'll look the other way.

Onceler Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:59 am

All things taken into account. EV's emit less CO2 total.