TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Sunday Treasure, Barnfind 57', Finland Page: 1, 2  Next
ED LEGENDA Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:51 am

Hello my dear friends, i just found this beauty, it's 1957 with a VIN # 1555176, very good condition, almost no rust, just the engine seems newer, but i like a lot a mirror on the fender and i haven't seen them before, any comments regarding the mirror?

I found this car in Finland, can't wait till i get it back home...

Greetings from Vilnius
Edmundas

gwal Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:12 am

Looks like its had the right front quarter replaced with a crotch cooler one

ED LEGENDA Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:26 am

gwal wrote: Looks like its had the right front quarter replaced with a crotch cooler one
Yes, it had an accident and was some repair done, owner told all the story's about the car :))

2Dokas Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:11 am

Nice find!

I posted something a day ago about the windshield washer nozzle that was activated by the button you have on the dash. I see the reservoir in the image under the front hood, do you see a motor?

I would like to know more about this system if you have time.

Peter

ED LEGENDA Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:18 am

2Dokas wrote: Nice find!

I posted something a day ago about the windshield washer nozzle that was activated by the button you have on the dash. I see the reservoir in the image under the front hood, do you see a motor?

I would like to know more about this system if you have time.

Peter

I will do pictures after i get the car back home.

RandyV Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:51 pm

Congrats!!!

Very cool!!! 8)

VW_Jimbo Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:22 pm

Very nice! Looks like some fun is heading your way! What is the plan?

ED LEGENDA Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:02 am

VW_Jimbo wrote: Very nice! Looks like some fun is heading your way! What is the plan?

The plan is simple at the moment, collect missing parts as semaphores and maybe something else, make the engine run, little bit lower the suspension, enjoy the ride and park it in my garage next to other cars :))) this one will be a keeper, as i had some years ago an oval, later sold and was always missing...

Greetings from Vilnius

VW_Jimbo Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:01 am

ED LEGENDA wrote: VW_Jimbo wrote: Very nice! Looks like some fun is heading your way! What is the plan?

The plan is simple at the moment, collect missing parts as semaphores and maybe something else, make the engine run, little bit lower the suspension, enjoy the ride and park it in my garage next to other cars :))) this one will be a keeper, as i had some years ago an oval, later sold and was always missing...

Greetings from Vilnius

That’s awesome! Exactly why I purchased one as well. I bet many are in the same boat. Have fun and enjoy the ride!

5500 Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:30 am

Congrats... getting hard to find such a nice barnfind. Like that radio block off ashtray!

Dusty1 Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:56 pm

Make sure you toss that Fiat in the back seat before you go. :lol:

ED LEGENDA Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:08 am

Dusty1 wrote: Make sure you toss that Fiat in the back seat before you go. :lol:

by the way, it's a good Fiat, with a suicide doors, these models are rare nowadays :)

Dusty1 Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:53 pm

ED LEGENDA wrote: Dusty1 wrote: Make sure you toss that Fiat in the back seat before you go. :lol:

by the way, it's a good Fiat, with a suicide doors, these models are rare nowadays :)

...and everyone should have at least one car with a cloth sunroof, especially in sunny Lithuania. 8)

ED LEGENDA Tue May 17, 2022 12:59 pm

Just got it shipped to my place, here is some fresh pictures, i started to recover the interior and you can see that rear seat looks good, front also not bad, still cleaning in progress...

ED LEGENDA Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:50 am

C A Y O Project 1957
The Adventure Traveller

Idea of this project to create Traveller version according to period.
All parts that is or will be used in this project is period correct +-

Spare tyre is just an visual example, it is from my Rover P6 :)
Rack is original Eckel, end of 50s, early 60s period.
Porsche 356 Bosch Asymmetrical yellow lenses
Rear Light is Bosch K8433

More pictures will be after more progress is done

ED LEGENDA Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:34 am

Finally i finished my build, looking for your comments.
Greetings from Vilnius.

finster Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:46 am

nice car - but not keen on the sacks to be honest. is it drug running? :lol:

aa390392 Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:29 am

:thumbsup: keeping it real.

VW_Jimbo Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:48 am

Love it! Looks great all cleaned up! How does it drive? Enjoy it while you got it!

Riff Raff Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:22 pm

Love the badges and the tires!
Not wild about the yellow headlight lenses, but thank goodness we don't all think the same!

Nice work on the resurrection!