TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Car maintenance tracking app
VinnyVanGo2 Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:45 pm

Anyone using a phone (iOS) app for recording maintenance schedules and odometer readings.

search the forum and did not find any discussion.
Download a few apps but there are all lacking.

Im looking for something that will record, for example, an oil change data & odometer and then send a reminder based on time and odometer.

Interested in any experience with maintenance tracking apps.

mukluk Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:32 pm

These have been doing the job just fine for well over sixty years: https://oilabel.com/oil-change-stickers/
:wink:

VinnyVanGo2 Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:51 am

That is another approach, more traditional but gets the job done. Will have a look to see if I can get in Australia.

Chris.

6T5 square Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:55 pm

I write the mileage for my next oil change on a small piece of masking tape and stick it to the upper left side of my windshield. Been doing that for years

Abscate Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:15 pm

Notebook in each of the 9 fleet with oil change info, tire pressures, radio codes, and service records. Lives in the glove box. Main driver logs and then texts me events. All my oil changes fall on Nx 2500 mile clicks so pretty easy to track.

I write the FCP order number Ithe log for my return credit on filters and consumables

KTPhil Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:31 am

I've been using these for 45 years. No batteries, never needs to be rebooted. 99 cents.

I used to have the little mechanical odometer gizmos to remind me of the next oil change/valve adjustment mileage. This was before the post-it note was invented. Those damn gizmos go for $$$ now! Used to be $2 at Sav-On.

Glenn Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:29 am

Subaru has a website, mysubaru.com, where any dealer work is recorded, where recalls are listed and where YOU can add entries.

I have an ID but I old school... ie 1990s, I have a MS-Word document that I track date, mileage and service done.

Works for me.

Cusser Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:12 am

I'm old, I use a notebook with different tabs for my 6 vehicles.