TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rutherfordton NC
mouse action Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:14 am

He guys,
We are Passing thru Rutherfordton ,we are looking to retire and are checking the local areas .any insight on life around here ?

mark tucker Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:37 am

one of my daughters & husband& kids live in willmington, they love it. I lived if fayettevill in the early 70's it was a shit hole and still is. My parrents had a chalet in cashiers up on a mountain, that was awesome.sold it 10 years ago, as for the rest of nc...I donut remember much.

VOLKSWAGNUT Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:20 am

Beautiful area just at the base of the NC mountains.
NC in general is a great state. The only state east of the Mississippi you can drive from the highest mountain, to the shore in a day and never leave the state.

my59 Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:47 am

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote: The only state east of the Mississippi you can drive from the highest mountain, to the shore in a day and never leave the state.

You might want to qualify that, as there are 15 other states on the east coast where one can do the same.

VOLKSWAGNUT Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:19 am

my59 wrote: VOLKSWAGNUT wrote: The only state east of the Mississippi you can drive from the highest mountain, to the shore in a day and never leave the state.

You might want to qualify that, as there are 15 other states on the east coast where one can do the same.

My statement is 100% accurate, Mt Mitchell is the highest point East of the Mississippi .. and NC has its own shore ..

my59 Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:22 am

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote: my59 wrote: VOLKSWAGNUT wrote: The only state east of the Mississippi you can drive from the highest mountain, to the shore in a day and never leave the state.

My statement is 100% accurate, Mt Mitchell is the highest point East of the Mississippi .. and NC has its own shore ..

Thanks for nailing that down...each state has it's highest point.