TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Empty trailer heading to Sacramento from Portland
Tristar Eric Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:00 am

Thought I would post this here just in case there's somebody that needs a vehicle transported from Portland to Sac either this weekend or next weekend.4-15-23 or 4-22-23.

I'm driving down to pick up a Vanagon with my trailer and it's empty going down. I'd haul for gas money.

It's a 14ft featherlite being towed behind a Sprinter. Prefer nothing larger than a Vanagon, any VW or Porsche would be fine.

IM me here

TrulyVintage Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:07 pm

Sprinter single rear wheel tow capacity is 5000 pounds
Dual rear wheel tow capacity is 7500 pounds.
Sprinter vans are not a suitable tow vehicle.
They are designed - engineered - built
as a cargo vehicle only.

Abscate Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:40 am

Safe trip, Eric. Thanks for reaching out to the Samba

Touch Nicks Thing Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:19 pm

TrulyVintage wrote: Sprinter single rear wheel tow capacity is 5000 pounds
Dual rear wheel tow capacity is 7500 pounds.
Sprinter vans are not a suitable tow vehicle.
They are designed - engineered - built
as a cargo vehicle only.

This right here is the most useless and out of touch reply I have seen in a long time. Dude is offering to tow vehicles with his overly capable rig and you come in here spouting off bullshit you read versus what Eric is out there doing.

outcaststudios Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:23 pm

Touch Nicks Thing wrote: TrulyVintage wrote: Sprinter single rear wheel tow capacity is 5000 pounds
Dual rear wheel tow capacity is 7500 pounds.
Sprinter vans are not a suitable tow vehicle.
They are designed - engineered - built
as a cargo vehicle only.

This right here is the most useless and out of touch reply I have seen in a long time. Dude is offering to tow vehicles with his overly capable rig and you come in here spouting off bullshit you read versus what Eric is out there doing.

hes pissed that he didnt get paid to transport and is 'fkexing' :roll: :lol:

TrulyVintage Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:40 pm

outcaststudios wrote: Touch Nicks Thing wrote: TrulyVintage wrote: Sprinter single rear wheel tow capacity is 5000 pounds
Dual rear wheel tow capacity is 7500 pounds.
Sprinter vans are not a suitable tow vehicle.
They are designed - engineered - built
as a cargo vehicle only.

This right here is the most useless and out of touch reply I have seen in a long time. Dude is offering to tow vehicles with his overly capable rig and you come in here spouting off bullshit you read versus what Eric is out there doing.

hes pissed that he didnt get paid to transport and is 'fkexing' :roll: :lol:

Hardly Ö
I stay plenty busy.
I stated a fact.
So when whatever hitch arrangement
is on the Sprinter falls apart - there has
been fair warning.
If you want to risk your tow vehicle
and your trailer and whatever the load is
that is up to you.
Risking other peopleís cargo Ö
That is irresponsible.

Touch Nicks Thing Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:48 pm

TrulyVintage wrote: outcaststudios wrote: Touch Nicks Thing wrote: TrulyVintage wrote: Sprinter single rear wheel tow capacity is 5000 pounds
Dual rear wheel tow capacity is 7500 pounds.
Sprinter vans are not a suitable tow vehicle.
They are designed - engineered - built
as a cargo vehicle only.

This right here is the most useless and out of touch reply I have seen in a long time. Dude is offering to tow vehicles with his overly capable rig and you come in here spouting off bullshit you read versus what Eric is out there doing.

hes pissed that he didnt get paid to transport and is 'fkexing' :roll: :lol:

Hardly Ö
I stay plenty busy.
I stated a fact.
So when whatever hitch arrangement
is on the Sprinter falls apart - there has
been fair warning.
If you want to risk your tow vehicle
and your trailer and whatever the load is
that is up to you.
Risking other peopleís cargo Ö
That is irresponsible.

Like I said, something you read versus any first hand experience. Tow with Sprinters and Metris daily, but I'll take your word that it's dangerous and shouldn't be done, stupid junk Mercedes.

TrulyVintage Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:41 pm

I didnít design the Sprinter Van.
I didnít specify the towing capacity.
The Sprinter Van is designed & engineered
to be a cargo vehicle - not a tow vehicle.
I am not going to argue facts further.

Touch Nicks Thing Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:56 pm

TrulyVintage wrote: I didnít design the Sprinter Van.
I didnít specify the towing capacity.
The Sprinter Van is designed & engineered
to be a cargo vehicle - not a tow vehicle.
I am not going to argue facts further.

No point in arguing further. You came in to shit on a guy offering a favor more or less to our community. Hope you got your point across to everyone...

EverettB Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:21 pm

Ok, contact Tristar Eric directly if you need help



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group