TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Honda 90 stash found in Pacific NW if anyone's interested.
IdahoDoug Wed May 17, 2023 9:59 am

These classic little motorbikes seem to be carried by a few of you folks due to the relative small size/weight. A friend here in Coeur d'Alene knows of a collector who recently passed and they will be sold. Dozens, I'm told, and many collector grade. If anyone is interested, please sing out on this thread and I'll connect you.

No affiliation whatsoever - just enabling for the Samba herd.

Doug

DanHoug Wed May 17, 2023 11:59 am

Ok. I gotta know. I’m singing.

Westaru Wed May 17, 2023 4:12 pm

Also interested IdahoDoug.

Gnarlodious Wed May 17, 2023 6:06 pm

Let's have it. I'm in Bonners Ferry and need a project.

Tobias Duncan Wed May 17, 2023 6:30 pm

Are these trail 90s or CT90s?
Either way , very cool bikes. I have a buddy that has more than his wife is ok with

do.dah Wed May 17, 2023 10:21 pm

Sing you a song, I'm,,, INTERESTED!

IdahoDoug Fri May 19, 2023 10:13 pm

K will get info..

EverettB Sat May 20, 2023 2:31 pm

Moved to Off Topic

kingkarmann Sat May 20, 2023 4:16 pm

Vintage Honda Minibikes are very collectable and valuable.
Prices are strong.

OB Bus Sun May 21, 2023 7:43 am

Trail 90 is a great little bike.
I have a 1964 Suzuki 80 (K15?) trail bike with ~2500 miles on it. My brother bought it in 1966. Mostly complete but a project. Ran when parked -- this I know since I was the last person to ride it abound 1982.
I'll never get to restoring it.

cdennisg Sun May 21, 2023 3:23 pm

I sold off my little pile of Honda Trail 90's a couple years ago. Great little bikes, but for what they bring, I'd rather find an XL 250 or Yamaha XT 225.

I'd be curious to know whats in the stash, but I'm not in the market. I know there is a guy here in town that has a pretty big pile of them, but I'm pretty sure its not the same collection.

IdahoDoug Fri May 26, 2023 8:26 am

So, apparently someone came and bought the entire lot. Kinda disappointed as I have a Toyota LandCruiser and this would have been a great bumper companion to go exploring down backcountry trails, etc. What can ya do? If anything changes, I'll update.

cdennisg Fri May 26, 2023 8:36 am

IdahoDoug wrote: So, apparently someone came and bought the entire lot. Kinda disappointed as I have a Toyota LandCruiser and this would have been a great bumper companion to go exploring down backcountry trails, etc. What can ya do? If anything changes, I'll update.

I know of a pretty nice one here in town that is for sale ( as of a few weeks ago anyway) if you really want one. Not mine, and I don't make any money from it. Just a guy on my delivery route that showed me stuff in his garage.

gator Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:34 pm

cdennisg wrote: I sold off my little pile of Honda Trail 90's a couple years ago. Great little bikes, but for what they bring, I'd rather find an XL 250 or Yamaha XT 225.

I'd be curious to know whats in the stash, but I'm not in the market. I know there is a guy here in town that has a pretty big pile of them, but I'm pretty sure its not the same collection.

Have an '83 xl250r. Needs a new motor, would like electric start.

Any suggestions?

cdennisg Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:40 pm

gator wrote: cdennisg wrote: I sold off my little pile of Honda Trail 90's a couple years ago. Great little bikes, but for what they bring, I'd rather find an XL 250 or Yamaha XT 225.

Have an '83 xl250r. Needs a new motor, would like electric start.

Any suggestions?

Honestly I have no idea what might fit. Maybe something from a 4 wheeler? Or a 250 street bike?