TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: vw Brasilia, need help with parts and from what car I can use
ice-beetle Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:10 am

hi
I have a 1973 Brasilia here in Iceland, the only one here, does anybody know from what car I can use parts from? like the hinges need new pins/bushings
the steering is a litle loose and so on
thank in advance
Heimir Kj

finster Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:49 am

as nobody has replied here have you tried brasilia groups on facebook?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VwBrasiliaFreunde/

gbsmallie Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:03 pm

I just bought a Brasilia here in the US myself and it appears it is going to be very difficult to source parts not chassis related. It’s a Karmann Ghia floor pan and mostly type 1 suspension and drivetrain so many, but not all, 70’s beetle parts will work. If anyone has a line on parts in Brazil (with Portuguese translator!) I’d love to hear about it. If you look on Facebook Marketplace São Paulo Brazil, parts are cheap and plentiful! Might be worth the shipping if one could order a slug of parts all at once…maybe

SPTom Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:26 pm

There is also a Facebook group based out of Brasil called "Variante TL SP2 Passat Karmann guia, Zé do caixão, e antigos" , and "Peças de fusca e derivados a ar VW - SP" that sell parts. Some of the more frequent sellers might have more experience shipping international.

Fusca_1969 Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:59 pm

These two websites in Brazil are specialized on locally made classic cars such as the beetle and the brasilia:

www.crmpecas.com.br
www.bunnitu.com.br

I bought from both places, but within Brazil. I don’t know if they do international sales. If you need help with the language let me know.