TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Spindle to Spindle Warrior Beam
HUMONGO Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:15 am

Does anyone know where I can buy an assembled 5in. wider Warrior Beam? I would rather buy one assembled then screw up something in the process. Thanks.

HamburgerBrad Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:08 am

I dont know of a place that sells them complete, but as long as you can get some assembled spindles, a beam is fairly simple to assemble. they make all the parts if you wanted to use your stock steering box or convert to rack and pinion (my plan in the near future).

all you need to know is what parts to use, and that all depends on how wild you want your setup

I assembled mine, and once i finished the spindles, everything pretty much fell together

heres a good reference:
http://chirco.com/projectbaja/baja_5.htm

bajaherbie Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:11 am

check with pacific customs unlimited or moore parts, they advertise in hot vw mag. i'm pretty sure tthey have what your need

HUMONGO Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:15 am

Thanks Brad. I am well versed in the Chirco Baja Project. They just leave alot to question.

The plan is to just put a Rack and Pinion on without worrying about the conversion later. I want to abuse my Baja on some logging trails and quarry roads in Western Maryland, but I'm not planning on doing anything as grueling as some guys. Just wanna have fun.

I did a search and found a couple posts by you asking about torsion leaves. What was the consensus? I have 2 BJ beams and already converted to a LP framehead. Can I use the same leaves if I build my own Warrior beam? What kind of spindles do you suggest?

HamburgerBrad Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:17 am

to my knowledge they dont sell complete wider beams

HamburgerBrad Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:38 am

i'm running gusseted stock spindles. some of the spindles out there are very strong, but if you dont plan on constant hard impacts, i think the beefed stock ones should work fine.

maybe i'll look into the new spindles too when i redo the suspension...

i went ahead and started with a complete 65 beam and bought a set of cheap ass brazilian LP leaves since i dont think i ever got a good response on the use of BJ leaves?