TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Custom Dash Photos?
Herman's Dad Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:11 pm

Anyone have photos of their (or anyone's) custom dash setups? I've got a '71 Super with a trashed dash, and I'm looking to do something besides replace the dash pad. Maybe with a center console?

Anyone?

Thanks!
Larry

Bryan S. Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:39 pm

KombiMonster Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:01 pm

It will take some time for you to get the kewl Black Widow Webs....And the seat will take some time to get use to...

bamabug67s Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:39 pm

Heres a pic of mine in my 67 sedan

Kubel Nick Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:16 am

Here's mine (all metal)

Herman's Dad Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:46 am

Okay, THAT is too fine !!! That's about what I'm looking for, with the molded center console. Excellent job, bama!!

Thanks,
Larry

bamabug67s wrote: Heres a pic of mine in my 67 sedan

Racelook Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:55 am

another custom dash

greets Wiebrand

bamabug67s Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:30 pm

Heres another from the drivers side.I purchased the dash from a place called Fiberglass Innovations in Arizona about 10 years ago.Not to hard to install,had to make all the cutouts myself and got it painted as well,it comes in a white gel coat over fiberglass.I've been very pleased with it.

KombiMonster Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:04 pm

Kubel Nick wrote: Here's mine (all metal)

Damn even the glove box works!...I'm not into the custom dashes but it looks like you got alot of time wrapped up in that...clean work too.

Kubel Nick Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:17 am

Ya, my first welding project, about 100 hours into it. Thanks for the compliments. Check out the rest of my car at www.runtrod.com

Herman's Dad Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:23 am

bamabug67s wrote: Heres another from the drivers side.I purchased the dash from a place called Fiberglass Innovations in Arizona about 10 years ago.Not to hard to install,had to make all the cutouts myself and got it painted as well,it comes in a white gel coat over fiberglass.I've been very pleased with it.

Looks like they still make it ... and that may be the way I'm going!
http://vwinnovations.com/bug.html#unique

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Larry