TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What color should I paint my Thing?
Carkid383 Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:23 pm

Hey, I'm wondering your opinions on Color for the Thing. I want to paint mine lime or dark green. But my Dad wants it Aca Pulco, which is seafoam blue rims, bottom 6 inches of side panels, hood, dash, and bumpers, and the rest white. let me know what you think is better, or suggest your own. and post pics too plz. thanks.

p.s. completely off subject, but, how much HP does a stock Thing put out?

Jeremy

181freak Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:01 pm

LIME GREEN!!! look at the gallery under thing.. mine is the bright green one!! just got it back and color is soooo sweet! :D

TimGud Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:16 pm

No, no, no, you want to paint it dark green! :wink:

Big Jim Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:44 pm

You can ask for ideas and look in the galleries but paint the Thing whatever color YOU like. The only real exception would be if you are doing a primo restoration and then, you want an original color, preferably the one the car came with.

Mine is pumpkin orange but will be something radically different the next paint job.

fathing Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:19 pm

Uh... Oh... Ahhhhhh!!!! 181Freake I loooove that lime green of your Thing. If I were to paint my car I would choose the same color or a light and bright obnoxious orange.

I prepared for that event by spraying the engine bay already with a lime green before I installed my little engine.

Cheers Dom 8)

181freak Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:06 am

fathing wrote: Uh... Oh... Ahhhhhh!!!! 181Freake I loooove that lime green of your Thing. If I were to paint my car I would choose the same color or a light and bright obnoxious orange.

I prepared for that event by spraying the engine bay already with a lime green before I installed my little engine.

Cheers Dom 8)

thanks!! ill be posting up more pix when i finish lowering it and getting the wheels/top on it!! thanks again!!

GO GREEN!!!!! :D

MonsterThing Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:36 am

sorry carkid383 for steering this even further off, but i would like some input on what color i should paint mine too. i don't want to go back to original yellow. i'd thought about a darker red, almost a burgandy, with black bumpers, roll bar, top, etc. i've also toyed with the idea of a royal blue and black combo.

i agree with Big Jim, that you should only paint it the color YOU want, but i'm not sure what i want right now. i like to get other's opinions too. :D

thanks for any help,

Vw4x4 Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:46 pm

HOW IS THE BODY, THE BETTER IT IS THE DARKER YOU CAN GO. PERSONALLY I AM GOING RED PORCHE

MonsterThing Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:25 pm

Vw4x4,

do you have any pictures of your VW's?? i especially want to see your 'baja style' thing! :)