TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Signwriting/logoed buses Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153  Next
fig Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:36 pm

Since I bought the Oxford Radio panelvan I've become fascinated by buses with signwriting. There's no gallery heading for signwriting/logos, so how about posting pics of cool signwritten splitties here for our viewing pleasure?
Here's my offering:
57 Kombi:

75 Fleetline panelvan:

61 panelvan:

fig Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:22 pm

eddiemoney Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:21 pm

came up yesterday on forums. i stored it as desktop

Alika Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:09 pm

FlatFourFanatic Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:22 pm

Dude that Oxford radio bus is dead cool.

obus Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:23 pm

those are all great examples so far. i dig the radio bus also!

23window Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:19 pm

The signwriting is hard to see in this pic.
my Muskogee Mobile Homes panel:

mr. warehouse Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:23 pm

2shay trtl wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=80602

Here's a little help on that one.........

UZI Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:11 pm

vw-in-neptune wrote: came up yesterday on forums. i stored it as desktop

that's my shit there.

i'm also a signpainter.
here's one i lettered up for myself.....

BUCIOBATISTI Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:22 pm

mr. warehouse to you wrote: 2shay trtl wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=80602

Here's a little help on that one.........

The "Hausman's Meats" Panel absolutely kicks ass. I had a chance to buy that one at Kelley Park back around 1996 or so and was too fucking lame to cough up the $3000 it would have taken to become the new owner. If I recall correctly it is a '63 Double Door and is all original paint with a nice (original) interior too. Nobody was biting on it at the $3500 asking price that day, that just goes to show how much times have changed.

Long-roofs Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:22 pm

Rein had that 'Meats' bus at KP in the late '90's. He sold it in Seattle to someone. Real cool for the $3k back then.

splitpile Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:47 pm

splitpile Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:49 pm

another one of my buses

BUCIOBATISTI Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:51 pm

The "Hildred Smith" Kombi at the top of this post is incredible too. It's a Right Hand Drive Semiphored Bus. I'd pay some good money for that one if it was in front of me. I'm guessing it's in Australia or New Zealand?

VWAdam Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:49 pm

This is one I have to go pick up soon

fig Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:53 pm

BUCIOBATISTI wrote: The "Hildred Smith" Kombi at the top of this post is incredible too. It's a Right Hand Drive Semiphored Bus. I'd pay some good money for that one if it was in front of me. I'm guessing it's in Australia or New Zealand?

All the buses in my first post are RHD and living in South Africa.

The Hildred Smith Kombi has been owned by the same guy since new, and is still an occasional driver! It was his daily drive right up into the 1990s, but I think bus and owner are too old now.

I own another SA-assembled 57 Kombi just like it, but in better condition and without signwriting.

GREAT logoed bus pics! Keep them coming!

nize Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:36 am

This was a great thread!
I am thinking about designing some logos on my pickup truck. It once belonged to a furniture shop so I want to keep with that.
How do you do the sign writing? Painting with a brush? Water sanding and then sealing it?
Any suggestions?

fig Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:14 am

This "moonshiner" just landed in the classifieds:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=95573

EverettB Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:15 am

splitpile wrote:
another one of my buses
I've always liked this Bus. The rust is nasty though!

pyrOman Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:39 am

nize wrote: This was a great thread!
I am thinking about designing some logos on my pickup truck. It once belonged to a furniture shop so I want to keep with that.
How do you do the sign writing? Painting with a brush? Water sanding and then sealing it?
Any suggestions?

Well, we went the "somewhat" cheap and quick way. We bought a sticker! :roll:

Got a good deal since one of our members works at the printshop where it was done and apparently the (professional) installers thought it was so cool that they didn't charge for the install! :shock: Also it is supposed to last about 5 years. We'll see! 8)