TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Non-walkthrough Vanagon
stevemariott Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:10 pm

I'm not very knowledgable on Vanagons, so forgive me if this isn't weird, but...

I was at the wrecking yard the other day and I saw a Vanagon with a solid divider... not a walkthrough with bucket seats. I've never seen anything like this before, how common is this? I thought bay windows with solid dividers were weird enough, I've never seen a Vanagon with one though.

Karl Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:20 am

I saw one in a Fresno, Calif wrecking yard. Kinda bizarre being a 9 passenger. 1/3-2/3 seats in front and a full width middle seat.

I had posted here that this was the 1st one I had seen and I seem to recall a few replies came back that it is a common configuration in Europe.

Tyler 5447 Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:40 pm

I used to have an '82 that was a non-walkthrough. That is probably the only reason I bought it. I ended up selling it because the city wanted to tow it away and I didn't have money to fix the leaky valve guide problem to get it really drivable. It was pretty cool though.

TeamSpatula Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:51 am

Karl wrote:
I had posted here that this was the 1st one I had seen and I seem to recall a few replies came back that it is a common configuration in Europe.
Indeed, I recall seeing several like that when I lived in Holland for a summer...a lot of the panel vans are set up that way too...