TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: "Fact" Question
crofty Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:41 pm

VW Fact #39: In 1963, Heat "Exchangers" were introduced. Air was heated for used in the Transporter cabin by passing air over heated compartments instead of directly passing air that has cooled the engine into the passenger compartment.

Wasn't fresh air introduced in Dec of '62?

VWGirl Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:14 pm

would that be for teh 63 model year? or were they going by a calendar year back then?

crofty Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:44 pm

VWGirl wrote: would that be for teh 63 model year? or were they going by a calendar year back then?

The bus would be a '63 but that mod was introduced in 1962.

EverettB Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:09 pm

I updated it to be December, 1962 for clarification purposes

bljones Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:33 am

if i had brought this up, the adminatrix would have been all over me.

crofty Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:58 am

bljones wrote: if i had brought this up, the adminatrix would have been all over me.

Yeah, but you're an employee and I'm just a smart-ass!

bljones Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:56 am

crofty wrote: bljones wrote: if i had brought this up, the adminatrix would have been all over me.

Yeah, but you're an employee and just a smart-ass!
That reminds me- I have to discuss the christmas bonus at the next staff meeting/ beatdown. Dealing with you for another year has to be worth more than a christmas card with my name mispelled and a canned ham. :lol:

EverettB Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:23 am

You got a canned ham?

We're going to need you to send that back, it was obviously a shipping error.

crofty Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:20 pm

bljones wrote: crofty wrote: bljones wrote: if i had brought this up, the adminatrix would have been all over me.

Yeah, but you're an employee and just a smart-ass!
That reminds me- I have to discuss the christmas bonus at the next staff meeting/ beatdown. Dealing with you for another year has to be worth more than a christmas card with my name mispelled and a canned ham. :lol:

Don't act like you don't love me. I wave ( with all my fingers unlike Jen) at you when you'r sweeping the halls; who else does that?

crofty Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:24 pm

VW Fact #75: 1964 Buses 14" rims did not have the VW symbol painted a contrasting color. (Allegedly to save paint)

I know I'm playing with fire here but shouldn't that be hubcap or were the stampings on the rims painted as well?

bljones Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:31 pm

alright, wiseass, admit it- you've spent the last day just refreshing the home page, looking for mistakes, haven't you?

don't forget to blame jenb- that's the real key to getting fast action on "vw fact' complaints.

EverettB Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:52 pm

crofty wrote: VW Fact #75: 1964 Buses 14" rims did not have the VW symbol painted a contrasting color. (Allegedly to save paint)

I know I'm playing with fire here but shouldn't that be hubcap or were the stampings on the rims painted as well?
Yes, it refers to the hubcaps. I have clarified the text. Thank you.

I accept full blame as the figurehead of the site.

Jennepher Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:32 am

EverettB wrote: I accept full blame as the figurehead of the site.
Figurehead? At least give yourself proper credit Everett. You do 95% of the work to keep this site running. People just don't see it when they're sitting in front of their computer enjoying the classifieds, gallery, or forums. Even the VW facts keep people entertained...

HamburgerBrad Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:04 pm

i cant tell if you're kissing his ass or making fun of him...

Gary Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:52 pm

HamburgerBrad wrote: i cant tell if you're kissing his ass or making fun of him...

Considering:
a) She's a women, and
b) She's married to him

I would say it's definitely the latter. ;)