TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: BMW power windows in a 74 Westy Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
lil-jinx Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:12 pm

I see the crooked finger of a professional mechanic that started a lot of bolts.

notchboy Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:17 pm

lil-jinx wrote: I see the crooked finger of a professional mechanic that started a lot of bolts.

Ha! Is that why mine are crooked? I thought it was from picking my nose? :lol:

ernie norley Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:47 am

G'day all. I hope everyone is safe from the virus. I have just finished fitting one electric motor Problem is it doesn't go all the way up. I'm fitting one piece window glass deleting the 1/4 glass. the glass is the same height. Westy racer does yoours trave complete up & down?.

sjhotz Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:50 pm

When I did them in my 72 Bus, I had to pay special attention to the cable cleaning, i thought mine were not going up all the way as well. Turned out to be a combination of 30 year old grease in the channel and paying careful attention to exactly where the motor is installed in relation to the register travel, I.E. you may have it hooked up with the register too far extended or retracted.

-sjhotz

ernie norley Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:22 pm

sjhotz wrote: When I did them in my 72 Bus, I had to pay special attention to the cable cleaning, i thought mine were not going up all the way as well. Turned out to be a combination of 30 year old grease in the channel and paying careful attention to exactly where the motor is installed in relation to the register travel, I.E. you may have it hooked up with the register too far extended or retracted.

-sjhotz thanks for the info. any clues on setting up motor please

captincanuck Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:28 pm

ernie norley wrote: sjhotz wrote: When I did them in my 72 Bus, I had to pay special attention to the cable cleaning, i thought mine were not going up all the way as well. Turned out to be a combination of 30 year old grease in the channel and paying careful attention to exactly where the motor is installed in relation to the register travel, I.E. you may have it hooked up with the register too far extended or retracted.

Register travel? Mine just go up or down until you stop pressing the button. Sounds like it's binding somewhere

ernie norley Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:52 pm

captincanuck wrote: ernie norley wrote: sjhotz wrote: When I did them in my 72 Bus, I had to pay special attention to the cable cleaning, i thought mine were not going up all the way as well. Turned out to be a combination of 30 year old grease in the channel and paying careful attention to exactly where the motor is installed in relation to the register travel, I.E. you may have it hooked up with the register too far extended or retracted.

Register travel? Mine just go up or down until you stop pressing the button. Sounds like it's binding somewhere Thanks for feed back I moved the worm drive cable that did the trick