TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Albert Swan Neck Mirrors Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
crotchsplit Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:15 pm

hi there, looking for a set of Albert Swan Neck Mirrors, regular style or hooded. i prefer a set, but at least need the driver's side.

any and all help would be appreciated.

can email any and all leads to: [email protected]

RareAir Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:21 pm

Didn't I sell you a set 2 years ago? The drivers side was an NOS hooded version too. If you got rid of them, you'll be sorry. I've been offered some substantial amounts of $$$ for the last few sets I have and turned them all away

Skim Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:12 pm

AggroJo has a set 4 sale

Guillermo Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:47 pm

I have a regular set N.O.S. and a pair of visors swan neck used, I probably sell if the money is really really extremly good. to sell :lol:

Mr Paul Sanders Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:25 am

How much would you be calling a really good offer ?

53 0val Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:39 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=136820 Did you see these. That is not a bad price considering you do not have to re-chrome them.

RareAir Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:12 pm

You can try contacting Phil Weiner out in Miami, Fl Heard he has a few sets for a great price. He even has a payment plan to help you out.

Skim Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:22 am

[email protected] wrote: You can try contacting Phil Weiner out in Miami, Fl Heard he has a few sets for a great price.

Before you call, make sure you are sitting down and avoid calling if you have a weak heart as you will soon experience a shortness of breath before breaking out in uncontrollable laughter and slamming down the phone in disbelief.

Wiggy Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:40 am

Skim wrote: [email protected] wrote: You can try contacting Phil Weiner out in Miami, Fl Heard he has a few sets for a great price.

Before you call, make sure you are sitting down and avoid calling if you have a weak heart as you will soon experience a shortness of breath before breaking out in uncontrollable laughter and slamming down the phone in disbelief.

He has a set for sale right now for $1,500. Honestly!

RareAir Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:37 am

2splits wrote: He has a set for sale right now for $1,500. Honestly!

Do they come with arms, heads & seals? We're not talking about the mounting bolt & glass only are we?

53 0val Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:50 pm

I just talked with Phil and he has several sets------how did I know that? :D

RareAir Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:23 am

Hey Hiram (slammedsplit) these are reserved for you at $4k

I told you not to sell that early METAL visored Albert I sold you a few years ago. So now you can pick up these Aluminum ones

crotchsplit Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:51 pm

i made out ok. personally i like the regular alberts better than the visored ones anyway. and i'm no Phil Weiner when it comes to selling parts. of course it's a business, and i did sell the mirror you sold me for over double what i bought it off you, so i made out ok.

those mirrors are nice, but not $4000 nice. just my opinion. and for Phil, let's not go there, think he has been discussed in great length already. i have known Phil for 6 years and i don't see myself doing any business with him due to his crazy prices.

if he had those visored alberts, those would go for $8000 easy in his book. he offered me an NOS set of the regulars alberts for $4500! he is so crazy, just gotta laugh.

again, no disrespect intened, your mirrors are very nice, just that i won't pay that kind of money for a set. if someone does, then great for you. by the way, i just bought a set of the regular alberts.

Rusted Relics Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Phil has nothing at GREAT prices. Make sure you tell him exactly what you are looking for in complete detail.

53 0val Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:30 pm

Stay away from this set. Not what you think. Fender mount instead of of the hood trim. :wink: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46093&item=4522423334&rd=1

=Petri Nut*1= Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:41 am

Sorry guys I obviously made a mistake here, I wrote the story from a different point of view to clearify the truth about alberts, it was wrong of me.

I regret the details I have written here, it was not ment to offend anyone.

I might have expressed my self incorrectly, i was not ment in this way.

Thanks

53 0val Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:20 am

Thanks Petri Nut. I emailed "oldvwfreek" last week when he posted the highbid on those fakes. I guess he threw a lot of money on the bid because he thanked me, but he is still high bidder. I believe Romano should be turned into eBay for fraud. He lies about most of the parts he sells. He sells NSU and Opel as VW all the time. A freind of mine purchased some "split" deluxe wipers from him and found out they were NSU (Auto Union). The guy's a crook and people need to know. Thanks for your information.

=Petri Nut*1= Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:48 am

post has been deleted

RareAir Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:52 pm

53 0val wrote: Stay away from this set. Not what you think. Fender mount instead of of the hood trim. :wink: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46093&item=4522423334&rd=1

Well it looks like Romano pulled the auction, lol. Hmmm I wonder who told him to do that?

RareAir Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:00 pm

=Petri Nut*1= wrote: AND REGARDING HOODED ALBERTS; according to my knowledge THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ORIGINAL HOODED ALBERTS ( It's the truth!!!.

What has happend here are some smart guy once took the HOODED albert housings from a OPEL and VOLVO albert mirror and fitted to a swanneck mirror, they fit right on it takes 30 sec to replace it....
( yes albert supplied for several other european cars aswell ). And you actually choose to pay more for hooded fake alberts , WHAT A SHAME....

Here are some "hooded" Alberts that I found several years ago. The only reason I believed them to be for VW, is because the photograph on the box clearly despicts a VW in it.

I know these were made in 1965 because it is dated on the back of the box. Notice these Albert heads are made of aluminum and use a Grey plastic bezel to retain the glass in position.

I also have another hooded visor made of Chromed steel. It is very different from the way the glass is retained. It uses the regular transparent seal. I suspect it was manufactured earlier than the aluminum ones.