Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2024
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
clamay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

We ae on our way. Through the "Avenue of the Giants". What a beautiful drive!
Tonight, north of SF, tomorrow, Solvang, Friday Potrero.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. --Yogi Berra
Corwyn Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

After so many years, I feel like I'm being left behind ☹️. My procedure went well; will know the results by next week. If all is good, I'll be across the border around 10 Feb. Save me a camping spot!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604813&highlight=baja

"If anything's" gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there"
~ Captain Ron ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Schuylersister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Hoping to be at Potrero Park on Saturday eve.
Lots of sites available so I’ll take my chances. Staying here before hand
www.windwolvespreserve.org
mtnhome Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Corwyn wrote:
After so many years, I feel like I'm being left behind ☹️. My procedure went well; will know the results by next week. If all is good, I'll be across the border around 10 Feb. Save me a camping spot!

I see it as something you've started and it's just carrying on what you envisioned. I'm thinking good thoughts for a clean bill of health and many adventures still to come.
I'm really bummed I couldn't make it but I hope to still get down to Baja as soon as possible. Hopefully, I'll cross paths with some Samba folks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clamay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Corwyn, glad to hear your proceedure went well. Keep us posted. Thanks for inviting us all to go, even if you can't right now.

We will be at Potrero CG Friday and Saturday night, site #5. Hope to see some people there that are wanting to go to Baja as a loosely knit group. It should be a good trip.

Schuylersister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Good morning on 2/4. I am going to head for the border today as my intended campsite is inly 65 km south of Tecate. The museo kuatay is only open on the weekends so hoping to take that in. Was there eight years ago and although I camped the museo was closed. I’ll be traveling on Hwy 1. Safe travels and hope to meet some of you down the road. BOLA is on my list.
clamay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

After 2 nights in Potrero and no others showing up we decided to "bite the bullet and venture into Baja solo. We kept the first day short, only traveling as far as Ensenada. We camped at Romona Beach Resort finding a spot facing the ocean. Looking forward to tonight's sunset. We'll head to San Filipe tomorrow.

mtnhome Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

clamay wrote:
After 2 nights in Potrero and no others showing up we decided to "bite the bullet and venture into Baja solo. We kept the first day short, only traveling as far as Ensenada. We camped at Romona Beach Resort finding a spot facing the ocean. Looking forward to tonight's sunset. We'll head to San Filipe tomorrow.

Glad to hear you guys decided to go for it! Keep us up on your trip.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Schuylersister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Yay so glad you went for it and posted herein. I had an interesting experience at the Tecate border crossing on Sat. They are always helpful and always do an inspection, albeit cursory. When I got inside there was a line of 180 folks on a tour. I went into immigration and politely asked I could cut in line. All were accommodating and friendly. They even allowed me to bring in my little dog. Safe travels! See ya down the road.
clamay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

We are in San Felipe for the night. Campo touristo #1. Nice quiet place on the water. Heading to Bahia San Luis Gonzaga tomorrow
We'll try and send pictures
tomorroew

Corwyn Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Results are in - everything is negative for cancer! WOO-HOO! Dancing I'll be on the road Sunday (because I'm a Seahawks fan) and should be on the border a few days later. Save me a camping spot!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604813&highlight=baja

"If anything's" gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there"
~ Captain Ron ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ledogboy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Corwyn wrote:
Results are in - everything is negative for cancer! WOO-HOO! Dancing I'll be on the road Sunday (because I'm a Seahawks fan) and should be on the border a few days later. Save me a camping spot!

Hell yes! Should be an extra-great trip having that weight off of your shoulders. Congrats!
Some people call him Maurice...
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Yaaay for you Corwyn!

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Corwyn wrote:
We're so relieved to hear that!

Enjoy every minute of that trip. Wink
clamay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Great to hear, Corwyn.
We are in Guerrero Negro, spent the morning watching whales. Weather has been great except a major wind storm two nights ago in San Felipe,that had us up at 5 am in our sleeping attire wrestling our wind blown tent. We succeeded and since we were already up, enjoyed a wonderful sunrise with a cup of hot coffee. We think Ojo de Liebre campground tomorrow night then over to Santa Rosalia. Hope to run into you sometime

Cheers all, Chuck and Jan

vino de vano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Keep it up, south of Santa Roselia is where gets really nice. Have fun, be safe and don't worry, it's all good.
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Glad you're OK Sam. Have a great trip.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Corwyn wrote:

The best news of the week! Enjoy your shiny new van!!!

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Congratulations Sam, those are great news!

Have a great trip at Baja. looking forward to nice beach pictures with a nice van in it Smile

Corwyn wrote:

Seattle Meetup at Marymoor (link)
A collection of Simple Useful Mods (SUM) (link)
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Baja Rally ~ Feb. 2023 Reply with quote

Great news! And, I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate. Grey Vanagon

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Jump to:
Page 33 of 38

Jump to: