Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WOW, TheSamba world really is the best!
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:33 am    Post subject: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

I just added a second "hobby car" to the stable and while awaiting shipment I've been scouring the web for forums and suppliers specific to the the new rig. Wow, I have a whole new appreciation for how active and helpful TheSamba community and our Vanagon vendors are!

Don't worry. I'm not leaving the Westy World (my wife would divorce me) - just wanted to voice my appreciation at what I now recognize as a really unique community of car enthusiasts.

And at the risk of it being deleted for non-Vanagon content, here's the new toy (I must have something for boxy vehicles with round headlights).

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

valvecovergasket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

SCM wrote:

And at the risk of it being deleted for non-Vanagon content, here's the new toy (I must have something for boxy vehicles with round headlights).

and you can aba or tdi swap that with ease, to you know, still fit in around here Smile

gone, but not forgotten: '83 tdi westy - swap thread
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

valvecovergasket wrote:

and you can aba or tdi swap that with ease, to you know, still fit in around here Smile

Ohhh, I'm quite aware of that!

Hopefully the Sammy can just be used as-is for a while because I really want to pump $ and time into my van's suspension over the next year or two.
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

valvecovergasket wrote:
SCM wrote:

You know, if you moved the windshield atop the headlights, it would look eerily like a Vanagon 🤣

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

vanis13 wrote:
it would look eerily like a Vanagon 🤣

And at about 1/4 the cost of a Syncro Wink
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

SCM wrote:
vanis13 wrote:
it would look eerily like a Vanagon 🤣

And at about 1/4 the cost of a Syncro Wink

also 1/4 the distance from the bed where you wake up and brew a cuppa joe, then scoot over to the driver's seat.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

Hmm, what about a wbx swap? Laughing
termuehlen Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

I'm guessing TheSamba will not allow a new vehicle category for Suzukis. Welcome to the fellow Suzuki owners subcategory of VW Samba members. Very Happy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

Look in Forums for Non VW and there is list of websites for other interests similar to Samba. I think it’s called “ The Samba for . . .

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

"WOW, TheSamba world really is the best!"

Absolutely. Of all the different forums I've been on or checked the Samba is the best!
Great layout, archives, information, and people. Easy to use and devoid of intrusive commercials.

Which reminds me, I need to donate again!

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
Pchill2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

termuehlen wrote:
I'm guessing TheSamba will not allow a new vehicle category for Suzukis. Welcome to the fellow Suzuki owners subcategory of VW Samba members. Very Happy

I heard some Suzukis may identify as Vanagon
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

Yes, your photo will soon be gone from this site.

However here is a link that addresses your comment about forums for other interests…….

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=455220

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:

However here is a link that addresses your comment about forums for other interests…….

To be fair, there's no mention of non-motorcyle Suzuki forums in that entire thread.

My point was that, after spending lots of time searching outside the Samba, I found it pretty obvious how useful and well laid out this website (and Vanagain, GoWesty, VC, Etc.) are compared to those that exist for other makes and models.

I'll reach out to termuehlen outside via PM. Delete as you see fit. Nuke the whole thread for all I care. Some folks can't take compliments Laughing
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

you know that's a nice size to tow behind your van for some travel/trips
the van really won't know it's back there.. they're so light..

I was going to buy a tintop Sami for that purpose but I stuck with VAG and bought a rabbit I'm building to use as a tow'd behind our camper for some trips.
leave the camper @ a base camp all set up and run about in the tow'd
also gets some gear out of the way in the van..

if braking is a concern in your locality you can often buy used RV tow'd brake units that rest on the seat of the towd and push the brakes simultaneously when you do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

SCM wrote:
djkeev wrote:

To be fair, there's no mention of non-motorcyle Suzuki forums in that entire thread.

My point was that, after spending lots of time searching outside the Samba, I found it pretty obvious how useful and well laid out this website (and Vanagain, GoWesty, VC, Etc.) are compared to those that exist for other makes and models.

I'll reach out to termuehlen outside via PM. Delete as you see fit. Nuke the whole thread for all I care. Some folks can't take compliments Laughing

Boy you took that wrong.
I’ve no problem with your thread, was just pointing out that others feel likewise.
The photo? Totally handled by Everett, as a rule, no. Vw in it…. It vanishes.

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanHoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

be careful with that 'Zuki on slippery roads... they'll spin ya 'round so fast you'd think someone hit ya. i see the PO has Blizzaks on it, good move on a vehicle with a near square wheelbase!

this list does stand out... must be the combination of frugal VW owner mentality mixed with German vehicle unreliability that creates a bunch of tightwads that want to fix everything themselves but still have some peace and love civility. 'the hippy van' as my wife calls it.

'87 Westy & '89 Westy both 2.1 4spd

Past projects can be found at--
www.thefixitworkshop.com
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

That is a darn nice looking car that looks like a ton of fun. Please get a hot wheels Vanagon and put it on the hood when you post pics here of where it's taken you. Wink

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Jeffrey Lee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
The photo? Totally handled by Everett, as a rule, no. Vw in it…. It vanishes.

I have to surmise that's strictly an effort to keep the digital storage requirements somewhat below "Astronomical."

As it is, with only VW photos, it must be somewhere north of "Colossal" ...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

MsTaboo wrote:
"WOW, TheSamba world really is the best!"

Absolutely. Of all the different forums I've been on or checked the Samba is the best!
Great layout, archives, information, and people. Easy to use and devoid of intrusive commercials.

Which reminds me, I need to donate again!

Agree 100%, we've got something special going here.

BTW, Change your fuel lines!
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: WOW, TheSamba world really is the best! Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, your photo will soon be gone from this site.

Yes ... but if your park your vanagon in the back and walk back few steps and take the picture with both (or just the front of the vanagon) there will be no problem.

Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: