Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How would I adjust this type of Throttle Position Switch?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewBlue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject: How would I adjust this type of Throttle Position Switch? Reply with quote

A couple years back, a local mechanic replaced the TPS with the one shown in this picture (attached below). I need to make adjustments to it, as the idle is all over the place (and the "click" is off).

I don't see the alan holes on the plate like the original TPS, or like ones shown in photos in this form (or any other vangon TPS online).

How do I go about adjusting this style of TPS? Are the alan holes under the plate? No way to adjust it while it's still installed?

And does anyone have an idea of why he used this type instead of the original with the alan holes on top?

Thanks all!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How would I adjust this type of Throttle Position Switch? Reply with quote

it looks like the plate, where the adjuster is, has been fitted upside down, carefully remove the clip, that holds on the kick down spring
remove the throttle return spring
undo the two phillips#3 bolts, that hold the TB to the plenum
then the TPS plug, and the 10mm nut that holds the plug to the intake runner.
now you can get the throttle body off, and fiddle with it.

619 201 0310
NewBlue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: How would I adjust this type of Throttle Position Switch? Reply with quote

markswagen wrote:
it looks like the plate, where the adjuster is, has been fitted upside down, carefully remove the clip, that holds on the kick down spring
remove the throttle return spring
undo the two phillips#3 bolts, that hold the TB to the plenum
then the TPS plug, and the 10mm nut that holds the plug to the intake runner.
now you can get the throttle body off, and fiddle with it.

Perfect, thank you!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: