Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2693, 2694, 2695 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
Solid is not the word I would use to describe this Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2597586

Same weird ass Puma? Fan housing as that '64 Single. and YES, solid is not a word I'd use to describe that Bus.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
powellscooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Looks like rust through around the windshields...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2596630

HA, HA, HA!!!!!!!

Give me a break.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Holy crap - I'm more of a Beetle guy, but this hat really woth $1K? There's not even a picture showing it's associated with VW. Drop a couple of zeros, and might seem to be closer to its value, IMO.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2599121

Thoughts?
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
Holy crap - I'm more of a Beetle guy, but this hat really woth $1K? There's not even a picture showing it's associated with VW. Drop a couple of zeros, and might seem to be closer to its value, IMO.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2599121

Thoughts?

Well it is definitely cool and I would have wanted one about 20 years ago. I don't think it had anything to do with VW and if it has the original owners name card still in it then it is not New Old Stock.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
AC Mack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
I am the hat model in the top picture, and it is actually the same hat on Joe M's head in the lower picture. I have the original hat that "east coast" Joe G. used to get them reproduced, as well as a couple repros. When Joe sold me the hats many years ago, he told me that there was a stash of leftover hats that was discovered in the '90s, and they were mostly smalls and mediums. Most originals out there are smalls or mediums, most repros are larges or extra larges.

The reproductions have a fully rectangular BUS DRIVER badge/plate/whatever on the front. The originals have quarter-round cutouts on all the corners of that badge.

There is a clear plastic piece sewn into the inside top that holds a piece of paper. On the originals, it is half round at the back, on the repros it is sewn with straight lines.

There are plenty of little differences, pretty much everything is different, but similar. Overall, the reproductions are pretty good. Here is a pic of the inside without the insert card which was only on originals.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1966 Westfalia so42 Schiebedach fabrik 4864
1967 Model 231 EZ Kamper # 1940
1978 Westfalia P 31 / 1987 Westfalia Wolfram Grau
Split Bus Club / Lost Coast Bays / North Coast Vans
Long may that Split Bus run!
Always and Everywhere Volkswagen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

So ..... this one is getting sold as a Jan 56 'Austrian' single cab for only 79k.

Interesting, huh ?
it has US export type turn signals and dual filament taillights, no semaphore cutouts, Dlx speedo trim, replaced headlight lenses ( asymmetrical), no center brake light and some other phony stuff.

Interesting..... Laughing
Nice truck over all, but it shouldn't have been robbed of its og identity.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/t1-pritsche-sc-19-von-1956/2332599509-216-7377

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Here’s this one again for the 3rd time. The first 2 times it was listed I agreed to buy it and the owner backed out. Felt like he mostly wanted to see if it would sell and not actually go through with it. Oh well, the more I looked at it and the way it’s been stripped to og paint the more I lost interest. Super cool bus but be sure to really look at the close ups rather than expecting the beautiful original paint untouched 23 we all dream of.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2599312
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Reposting makes him kind of a dick. But it’s not a terrible example. A bit overpriced maybe.
p horvath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
Here’s this one again for the 3rd time. The first 2 times it was listed I agreed to buy it and the owner backed out. Felt like he mostly wanted to see if it would sell and not actually go through with it. Oh well, the more I looked at it and the way it’s been stripped to og paint the more I lost interest. Super cool bus but be sure to really look at the close ups rather than expecting the beautiful original paint untouched 23 we all dream of.

isn't that the one evan lomas had at niche motors?
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

It is, the poor quality metal work/blending and stripping I believe were his doings.

p horvath wrote:
Graysvws wrote:

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Looks more like an overpriced restoration project.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
It is, the poor quality metal work/blending and stripping I believe were his doings.

p horvath wrote:
Graysvws wrote:

The interior panels could be better.

Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:

Maybe he meant "solid" as opposed to the other phases of matter (liquid, gas, plasma)
a smith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Daddybus wrote:
Erik G wrote:

Maybe he meant "solid" as opposed to the other phases of matter (liquid, gas, plasma)

Perhaps they mean in the context of hippy slang circa 1968 saying its "solid" implies its cool.......
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

a smith wrote:
Daddybus wrote:
Erik G wrote:

Perhaps they mean in the context of hippy slang circa 1968 saying its "solid" implies its cool.......

If anyone out there has a friend who is looking at buying that bus, do them a solid by telling them to keep looking.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
a smith wrote:
Daddybus wrote:
Erik G wrote:

If anyone out there has a friend who is looking at buying that bus, do them a solid by telling them to keep looking.

My initial thought was that at 13k for a beater driver that could be okay…..
…But it’s a non runner. Not a driver.

Whine on.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
a smith wrote:
Daddybus wrote:
Erik G wrote:

Solid advice.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

a smith wrote:
Daddybus wrote:
Erik G wrote:

Perhaps they mean in the context of a solid turd...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
a smith wrote:
Daddybus wrote:
Erik G wrote:

Perhaps they mean in the context of a solid turd...

"Free fiber with purchase"
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2693, 2694, 2695 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2694 of 2710

Jump to: