Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A Great Find
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:54 am    Post subject: A Great Find Reply with quote

Hi Everyone. it's been 10 years since I have built my buggy and have enjoyed it to the fullest. Thank you Bruce Meyers. I have had a few paint issues after having the body redone a few times. I finally had the body done right. It turned out so beautiful that I just could not put it back on the current state of the chassis seeing how that was never done correctly and after having to resecure the clutch cable tube more tunnel hacking was involved for a quick fix. In looking through the Classified Ads here I discovered Washburn's Metal. They use Flat Out Customs floor pans that are pre shortened. The chassis is placed on a jig to straighten any wonkiness. It was well worth the cost. Brian the owner is just great. He is easy to work with, passionate about the work and his attention to detail is just what I was looking for. I added a few extras like new renforced seatbelt mounts and a removable access panel installed on the passenger side to make ease of replacing the clutch cable. I also have 65 Mustang seats in my car so clearances must be made to accommodate this normally. Brian moved the seat rails in a way that they did clear the tunnel etc but with out my body being there I thought it best to have him dimple the tunnel just in case. All I can say is that I'm very happy with the chassis. It now is as beautiful as the body. I just thought that I should offer up my experience to anyone wanting to refurbish their chassis. I highly recommend their services. I have attached some pics for your viewing pleasure and if anyone would like more details or specific areas of the chassis please let me know. Now I need to get back home to put it back together.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: A Great Find Reply with quote

That's some very nice work. Well done Sir. Cool

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: A Great Find Reply with quote

Thank you. Brian is an awesome fabricator and welder. I can’t recommend his shop enough to anyone needing chassis work.
Olli from NJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: A Great Find Reply with quote

That is some outstanding work! Simply beautiful.

Olli
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: A Great Find Reply with quote

Thank you. When I saw the quality of Brian's work I knew I wanted him to refurbish my chassis.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: