Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What size wheels and bolt pattern
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
57Ware
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:07 pm    Post subject: What size wheels and bolt pattern Reply with quote

I’m a newbie and am working on a restoring a 57 beatle. It’s not gonna be completely stock when I’m done because I want a bit more power and speed for freeway driving and some stopping power. I have a pro street transaxle for it, with 3:12 gears and will probably get a 2110cc motor. I’m trying to figure out which hydraulic brake kit to get from Empi but need to decide wheels and bolt pattern first, I’ve been emailing with a guy at Empi. He asked me about wheel size because many guys like to stagger their wheels, skinnier in front, fatter in the back. Can anybody offer any suggestions or help? Pictures of what you run would be helpful. I plan on lowering the nose just slightly from the rear as well, a suggestion from Power Haus motors to make it ride nicer with a better stance.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What size wheels and bolt pattern Reply with quote

The trans is probably 4:12.
But, when it comes to wheels your stock pattern is 5x205mm. There’s plenty of rims available. Most are 15x5.5”. There are also, a few 17x7” out there.
But, while shopping for brakes. You can change that Porsche 5x130mm. With a wide range of Fuch style rims. And while shopping for brakes, look into dropped spindles for the front.
Your not all that far from Paradise Motorsports in San Marcos. Stop in and see them.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: