Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2023 4CORE - July 28-30 Southwest Colorado CANCELLED
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject: 2023 4CORE - July 28-30 Southwest Colorado CANCELLED Reply with quote

As the title states, this years 4CORE will be held on the last weekend of July. We will be heading south from South Fork, Co to Chama, NM.

We will be meeting Friday 7/29 on Pass Creek Rd. on the east side of Wolf Creek Pass. Lots of room to camp up there and we’ll just find a spot that will fit us all.

On Saturday 7/30 we will be up and out of camp by 9am. We will head east on Hwy 160 to FR360 to Beaver Creek reservoir. This is where we will meet anyone who didn’t make the Friday night campout. We will plan on leaving the Beaver Creek Reservoir parking lot around 10am. From Beaver Creek we will head south on FR360 to FR332 to FR330 (Summitville Rd). We will camp in this area on Saturday night.

Sunday 7/31 we will get up and out around 9am. We will continue south on FR330 to the town of Summitville. We will stop in Summitville to explore and chill for a bit. We will take FR330 to FR380 to 250 south. There is a nice lodge in a fishing community on 250. If they are open, we should stop for lunch. They have amazing burgers! We will take 250 south to 17 south, we will take 17 south all the way to Chama. This will be the official end of 4CORE.

However, many of us will continue on and camp for the rest of the week and everyone is welcome join us. After stopping in Chama we will be heading 50 miles south on 64/84 to FR151, where we will camp on the Chama River for several nights. This section of the Chama River is open to River recreation. We will camp on the River in between the put in and the take out. The plan would be to float the River while we are camping. So bring a kayak, SUP, River tube or what ever your River flavor is. Although the River will only be flowing at 750 CFS, PFDs are recommended. I will have a couple of extra tubes that I will bring and if you have some extra please feel free to bring them.

From here we will play it by ear and meander our way back north to Rhythms on the Rio. Rhythms is a 3 day festival that will have a bus camp and offer discounted bus tickets for the event. So, there are 2 separate events held on back to back weekends in the south west this summer.

This is a family and dog friendly event. Rhythms on the Rio also allows dogs in the camping area, so bring the family!

Any changes to the event will be made on this thread.

Link to Rhythms on the Rio for anyone interested.
https://rhythmsontherio.com/

We will get a list going for the people that plan on attending 4CORE, so no one gets left behind.

Thanks,
Rich Parker

Pics from 2022 4CORE:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
pvollers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 4CORE - July 28-30 Southwest Colorado Reply with quote

Is this trip still happening?
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 4CORE - July 28-30 Southwest Colorado Reply with quote

pvollers wrote:

Yes, the trip is still happening. Hopefully in the next week I’ll get confirmation on who is attending. Although we’ve had some years with a large attendance, typically the trip is about 5 to 10 buses .
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
pvollers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 4CORE - July 28-30 Southwest Colorado Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
pvollers wrote:

Yes, the trip is still happening. Hopefully in the next week I’ll get confirmation on who is attending. Although we’ve had some years with a large attendance, typically the trip is about 5 to 10 buses .

Thx Rich!
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 4CORE - July 28-30 Southwest Colorado Reply with quote

Canceled

Unfortunately I’m gonna have to cancel 4CORE this year. I took a big fall off my mountain bike yesterday and I broke my left collarbone and I am unable to drive my bus.

Since I currently do not have anyone confirmed to attend the event, I do not think canceling should be a big issue.

Sorry,
Rich P
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Bulliwinkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 4CORE - July 28-30 Southwest Colorado Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
I took a big fall off my mountain bike yesterday and I broke my left collarbone and I am unable to drive my bus.

Damn. Sorry to hear Rich. Hopefully you're healed up in time for Albuquerque.

'66 Velvet Green Riviera Camper
'72 Sierra Yellow Westy
'71 Chianti Red Westy ~Sold
'71 Pastel White Westy ~Sold
'61 Pearl White Sedan ~Sold

johnnypan wrote:
"John Muir was a hack mechanic who convinced thousands of people to attempt repairs they had no business attempting".
dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 4CORE - July 28-30 Southwest Colorado CANCELLED Reply with quote

heal fast, rich.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 4CORE - July 28-30 Southwest Colorado CANCELLED Reply with quote

Take er' easy and get healed up soon!
pvollers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 4CORE - July 28-30 Southwest Colorado CANCELLED Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your crash, Rich. Godspeed in your recovery. If it helps, I'm planning a trip for June 17-21, 2024 from Abiquiu to Truth or Consequences, NM almost entirely on dirt and some serious technical to boot. I just preran the route last week and it's the best overlanding route I've ever driven. Stay tuned for TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES SUN TRIP!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: