Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

My Swedish delivered bus has M032 Delivered in primer:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

That is probably correct for a '52 if your Bus looks like it was delivered in primer, the code was probably re-used.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

It did look to have been primer delivered 😎
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58euro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
That is probably correct for a '52 if your Bus looks like it was delivered in primer, the code was probably re-used.

I’d assume that’s the correct explanation to that option on early buses, my 56 kombi also has M32 “locking fuel filler cover” but was a primer delivered bus. Curious if any buses that have it weren’t primer delivered.
perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

my bus also was delivered in primer and has M32
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

M007- without tires

Can't make much sense of that M Code? They delivered in rolling it on steel rims?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:
M007- without tires

Can't make much sense of that M Code? They delivered in rolling it on steel rims?

I’m told they were delivered with some form of wooden ‘tyre’ but I’ve never found any information to substantiate that or why that would be. It was delivered to Sweden which does get plenty of snow but so does Germany so I would assume it could be delivered with suitable tyres unless there was a very specific tyre requirement for some Swedish buses?
58euro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

Pulled from the gallery

Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

I will see what I can dig up about the wooden tires and why, but post WW2 I could see Sweden doing something like the US and the chicken tax on trucks, making it more economical for dealers to buy tires made in Sweden to keep the rubber factories going. We know early Portugal bound buses tended to be panels and the Portuguese workforce would cut in and install windows made in Portugal. If I were a gambling man I'd say it was something similar
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

58euro wrote:
Pulled from the gallery

Great sleuthing! Every day is a school day!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

I hope that's Limba!

If someone had a display/museum I can see wanting to have one of those for conversation purposes.

NOS wheel with NOS wood tire
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

Cool never knew that! I guess that could also be known as the Fred Flintstone m code although I think his "tires" were made out of stone not wood
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

bally wrote:
My Swedish delivered bus has M032 Delivered in primer:

What were "Side marker lights"?
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: M32; Locking Fuel Filler Cover Reply with quote

That’s a mystery to me too Barry. I assume it might be another recycled code and therefore not correct for my bus. I wonder if others also have M035 and have identified it?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: