Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 524, 525, 526 ... 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ossipon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
Ossipon wrote:
Ian wrote:
Rare double ignition coil model

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2599131

Similar to the other statement. Here is what bothers me. Three questions:

That's the thing about these cars, unless it's super rare with OE paint, they're very hard to make any money on them. Most of us either just break even or take a loss, calling it a labor of love. You have to hang on to them for years to even break even (cost starts to equal out over time). Just my 2 cents worth.

Unfortunately, totally agree with your analysis. Type 3 are a labor of love and not really profitable as say a Type 2. (Still amazed what a hunk of rust will sell for in the Bus classifieds) Likely the only worse investment would be a 1st Gen Rabbit. I love my notch, and is why I do NOT plan to get her to showroom condition like some I see on the forum. Have the rust removed, trustworthy drive train, and comfortable complete interior are my goals.
Type 1 - 59, 62, 63, 71 Super 68 KGhia/ Type 2 - 59 Single Cab / Type 3 - 64 Notch
Water
GTI 83, Jetta 81, 85, 87, 91 TDI, 98 TDI, 09 / New Beetle 99 / SportWagen 05, 13 / Tiguan 18 / T3 92
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
That's the thing about these cars, unless it's super rare with OE paint, they're very hard to make any money on them. Most of us either just break even or take a loss, calling it a labor of love. You have to hang on to them for years to even break even (cost starts to equal out over time).

We're masochists. Twisted Evil

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ossipon wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:
Ossipon wrote:
Ian wrote:

That's the thing about these cars, unless it's super rare with OE paint, they're very hard to make any money on them. Most of us either just break even or take a loss, calling it a labor of love. You have to hang on to them for years to even break even (cost starts to equal out over time). Just my 2 cents worth.

Unfortunately, totally agree with your analysis. Type 3 are a labor of love and not really profitable as say a Type 2. (Still amazed what a hunk of rust will sell for in the Bus classifieds) Likely the only worse investment would be a 1st Gen Rabbit. I love my notch, and is why I do NOT plan to get her to showroom condition like some I see on the forum. Have the rust removed, trustworthy drive train, and comfortable complete interior are my goals.

A weekend of assembly would do wonders for the sale of this 69 Fasty at that price.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

type3nut64 wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:
Ossipon wrote:
Ian wrote:

1. WHY did they stop doing the restore when it is so close? The story as said does not add up.
2. What is the mileage if it is so low? Some would say my car (64 Notch with 89K miles) is low mileage.
3. Why did they take the pic with the test coil? Is there an ignition problem and speaks again to question #1 and this image implies urgency to the sale.

Those are ALL valid questions. It makes one wonder if it's actually a quick flip, or did someone just up and croak while going thru it. Doesn't make sense to dump that kind of time and money into it, and not finish it...unless they found something that'll drive the cost up too much to fix it, or finish it.

im pretty sure this car was for sale a year or 2 back in that exact condition. for much cheaper. i was going to go look at it but it sold before the weekend i could go look at it. this smells like a flip to me.

Smells? He's a flipper, always been a flipper, always gonna be a flipper and not a well meaning one at that. I'm surprised y'all don't know about him. There are so many stories I'm just gonna stop and say there is nothing wrong with buying and selling, but do it right. Do it right by the car, don't lie to the people you're buying it from, don't lie to the people you're selling it to. And if you are brokering a sale as a consignment, be open and tell the owner what you sold it for... If you're unable to read between those lines... best of luck to ya
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:

Smells? He's a flipper, always been a flipper, always gonna be a flipper and not a well meaning one at that. I'm surprised y'all don't know about him. There are so many stories I'm just gonna stop and say there is nothing wrong with buying and selling, but do it right. Do it right by the car, don't lie to the people you're buying it from, don't lie to the people you're selling it to. And if you are brokering a sale as a consignment, be open and tell the owner what you sold it for... If you're unable to read between those lines... best of luck to ya

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ossipon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

The price sold yesterday on BAT for this Squareback is fair in my opinion. It speaks more to is how the Type 3 is the red headed stepchild in the ACVW collectible world. A 21 window sold for almost 5X this yesterday.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-volkswagen-...2023-02-15
Type 1 - 59, 62, 63, 71 Super 68 KGhia/ Type 2 - 59 Single Cab / Type 3 - 64 Notch
Water
GTI 83, Jetta 81, 85, 87, 91 TDI, 98 TDI, 09 / New Beetle 99 / SportWagen 05, 13 / Tiguan 18 / T3 92
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ossipon wrote:
The price sold yesterday on BAT for this Squareback is fair in my opinion. It speaks more to is how the Type 3 is the red headed stepchild in the ACVW collectible world. A 21 window sold for almost 5X this yesterday.

Looking at the first picture, you can tell it has previous accident damage in the passenger rear that was never repaired correctly. The side shot of the passenger side is pretty obvious as well as it's droopy. The wrinkle in the engine picture confirms it. Bummer. Sad

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ossipon wrote:

Just the late ones, as always. Wink Early stuff is in the 25 to 40 and T34 stuff has gone for 60k. I think only the Bays and Things have dropped the "Fat Chick" mentality from the 80's and are now producing high $ sales.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I think this is Notchback/Squareback and NOT Type 34, right?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2602045

I believe Type 34s have a shorter threaded stem

Ad pic

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Ad pic

Si!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Ad pic

Si!

Thanks for the confirmation, I emailed him
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Big money for this Bandai Notchback!

Ossipon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Did not know inflation of Notchback toys were like food inflation of the past two years. Right after getting my notch, I saw a blue Bandai notch for $60 plus shipping on Ebay. And I nearly got it to go along with my new acquisition. Looked to be in the same condition.
Water
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ossipon wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Did not know inflation of Notchback toys were like food inflation of the past two years. Right after getting my notch, I saw a blue Bandai notch for $60 plus shipping on Ebay. And I nearly got it to go along with my new acquisition. Looked to be in the same condition.

It looks like 2-3 people went up against each other to get it.
It looked mint and like new, that is uncommon for sure.

$60 is about right for a normal decent one I think.
I have a few of them, most were $30-$50 but I haven't bought any in a few years.
Ossipon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

This is more of a whine posted by others yesterday for a Red Australian Panel for sale in California. My opinion on the price is that it looks good, but high.
https://jalopnik.com/at-24-000-is-this-65-vw-squareback-panel-van-a-deal-1850144448
Water
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

More rare than a type 3 dash , and way cheaper!!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2603249

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:

Killer deal, I sent that add to my only local t34 friend. He's lucky, he doesnt need them, both of his cars are good... I needed it for my old sunroof car, that's for sure. I hope someone that really needs them is able to purchase them vs a re-seller, call me a bleeding heart Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Weird air cleaner and hosing set up on this '69 Fasty for sale:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2598302

thought that looked familiar

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2603286
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:

Great spotting out! That is a great price - note though the lower pad is for later column and will not fit the contour of the earl one.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Really? if that is the case, some of us are millionaires with dome lights alone, forget Apple stock and crypto.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2603457

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 524, 525, 526 ... 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Page 525 of 535

Jump to: