Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiring loom routing...
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nize
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Wiring loom routing... Reply with quote

I am about to do the nose and headlight bulb support on my 54 but since my bus were so bad I have no reference in how the loom travels from the fuse box to the front right chassis frame rail? (I have got a LHD bus).

Is it routed behind the headlight bulb support inisde the bus or does it go inside the front valance?
--------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nize

the main loom piece travels down in front of the headlight support panel
held in place by double prong clip (A)
then through a hole (B) in the forward area of the passenger front cab floor panel, behind the front valence
then travels backwards on to the inner edge of rhs main chassis rail

RS

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

headlight support panel has 2 shaped recesses where the loom passes through the forward cab floor area
nize
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really helpfull pics! Thank you!
--------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marius71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring loom routing... Reply with quote

Sorry, I know it's an old thread.

I urgently need the position from middle and the diameter of the two (three) holes discussed here.
1. hole for main wiring loom
2. hole for ?? small cable (brake pressure switch?)
3. speedo wire

If anyone could help out... and yes, only 28 days to go until leaving home. Wink

And no, I can't use the pattern of the sheet metals. Someone welded a later floor in Evil or Very Mad
marius71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring loom routing... Reply with quote

Anyone?
Thanks

marius71 wrote:
Sorry, I know it's an old thread.

I urgently need the position from middle and the diameter of the two (three) holes discussed here.
1. hole for main wiring loom
2. hole for ?? small cable (brake pressure switch?)
3. speedo wire

If anyone could help out... and yes, only 28 days to go until leaving home. Wink

And no, I can't use the pattern of the sheet metals. Someone welded a later floor in Evil or Very Mad

Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring loom routing... Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm sifting through years of forum posts trying to find answers to a myriad of questions.

I am unfortunately a very isolated barndoor owner in my part of the world, so I am heavily reliant upon the Internet community...

After [far too] many years, my RHD '54 Kombi has arrived home, following extensive metal work. It was largely stripped and left for dead several decades ago, so I had precious little to reference and salvage as investigative material.

We've replaced the cab floors and I've only now discovered that there appears to be a dearth of holes for the wiring harness. This is the current setup:

Which holes am I missing?

Critically, does anyone have measurements and dimensions for any missing holes, please?

Thank you.

iowegian wrote:
People who are allowed to have signature lines annoy me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring loom routing... Reply with quote

Hoping that this might help you a bit. If you need dimensions, I could get them for you. I will say that I don't know if they are different between LHD and RHD but here are a few pics of my 52, LHD front floor. Unfortunately the pass side is rusted and I'm not sure what may or may not have been there. Mike

Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring loom routing... Reply with quote

Thank you very much, myklsmyth. Cool

I have asked the question on a FB group too, in the hopes of finding a RHD bus as a reference.

I want to make 100% certain that there are no differences between LHD and RHD in this respect, before we start drilling...

I will update you ASAP and take up your kind offer if they are the same.

iowegian wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring loom routing... Reply with quote

Some of the details here may help?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=737136&highlight=

Whaaaaat?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring loom routing... Reply with quote

BeaterBarndoor wrote:
Some of the details here may help?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=737136&highlight=

Thanks, Beater.

Looking from underneath my bus, I cannot see those holes. I definitely think I have a problem on my hands...

iowegian wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: