Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pet peeves
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

I often opt for the 'collection point' or locker option on deliveries, it saves a lot of hassle, I can collect it when it suits me and not have to hang around all day at home.

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

finster wrote:
I often opt for the 'collection point' or locker option on deliveries, it saves a lot of hassle, I can collect it when it suits me and not have to hang around all day at home.

This made me think of something.

There's a big bank of Amazon lockers here at the local gas station.
They put them directly facing the sun. In Arizona. Rolling Eyes
The other side of the building is shaded most of the day, although it's sort of the "back" of the building so maybe they thought it wasn't safe to do that. Too much privacy to break into them perhaps.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

This made me think of something.

There's a big bank of Amazon lockers here at the local gas station.
They put them directly facing the sun. In Arizona. Rolling Eyes

Well, I guess I won't be having my milk delivered there.
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
I know headlight’s have been addressed before. I have a new Armada and it has crazy bright low beams. So, I’m probably one of the cars that I’m complaining about. New headlights are bright and aimed weird. It seems to me, or my old eyes that every other car on the road has its high beams on. Ot maybe it’s just the look of things to come? I don’t know.

I have a suspicion that my low beams are really just the bottom half of my high beams when I flick those on... I noticed that the low beam didn't change intensity, and the high beams just added a "top" section to the already too bright low beams on my brand new Outback. I commented on it to my kid who used to work at Subaru, and he just said "yup"... Rolling Eyes

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Pet peeve: when I'm at the gym, while working out on one machine and planning to go to the next one and I see somebody on it. And, instead of them getting their workout done, they have their head down looking at their phone.

It takes them forever to finish one machine.
And no, I'm not going to ask them how many more sets they have left.
I'll just move on to something else.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

^ could be worse - like a tik tokker telling you to get your ugly butt out of their shot Laughing

it always amuses me that people will pay money to drive to a building and pedal bikes bolted to the floor Rolling Eyes

Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Nothing substitutes for pedaling a real bicycle. You actually feel like you've accomplished something. Certain riding conditions cannot be simulated. I have real road & recumbent bicycles.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
Nothing substitutes for pedaling a real bicycle. You actually feel like you've accomplished something. Certain riding conditions cannot be simulated. I have real road & recumbent bicycles.

I put a new chain on my bike over the winter. Soon I’ll air up the tires and take it out of the basement. Hopefully I’ll put some miles on it. Been a while.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
NJ John wrote:
I know headlight’s have been addressed before. I have a new Armada and it has crazy bright low beams. So, I’m probably one of the cars that I’m complaining about. New headlights are bright and aimed weird. It seems to me, or my old eyes that every other car on the road has its high beams on. Ot maybe it’s just the look of things to come? I don’t know.

I have a suspicion that my low beams are really just the bottom half of my high beams when I flick those on... I noticed that the low beam didn't change intensity, and the high beams just added a "top" section to the already too bright low beams on my brand new Outback. I commented on it to my kid who used to work at Subaru, and he just said "yup"... Rolling Eyes

Yes, many cars have a single brightness, and "high" beams just change the pattern. Others have separate bulbs or a dual-filament bulb (or it's equivalent in HID or LED elements).
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Regardless, they're too bright!
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Yes they are! Then the newer Ford trucks have every possible lens lit up.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

I saw a Dodge Ram the other day with sequential front turn signals. How ridiculous! If you're going to have those, just put them in the middle of the grille.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

apparently some people are confused about the mini's union flag indicators Laughing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:
NJ John wrote:

Yes, many cars have a single brightness, and "high" beams just change the pattern. Others have separate bulbs or a dual-filament bulb (or it's equivalent in HID or LED elements).

I like my H4's on the bus waaaaay better.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

finster wrote:
it always amuses me that people will pay money to drive to a building and pedal bikes bolted to the floor Rolling Eyes

You do realize there is so much more than pedaling a bike at a gym. Classes, free weights, machine weights, treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, rowers, and a ton of massage chairs, tanning, showers, steam/sauna, etc., etc., etc. at least at the gym I go to. There are many reasons that people go. Those that want to pose in a mirror, socialization, motivation, mobility, stretching, etc.

For me, paying for a membership ($40/month) forces me to go and work out so that I can fight old age as long as I can.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Treadmills are another one. We have one & we use it but its not like just taking a walk & it doesn't save any time either. I pass the time on our's by playing Sudoku. Its so boring otherwise.
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Why do the current batch of high ranking officers in the military wear so many colorful ribbons on their uniforms.
It's embarrassing, we've had 2 world wars and several police actions. Does not equal a chest full pretty ribbons.
Looking at these characters You'd think all we do now is hand out participation ribbons.
Looks silly to me.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Mickey bitsko wrote:
Why do the current batch of high ranking officers in the military wear so many colorful ribbons on their uniforms.
It's embarrassing, we've had 2 world wars and several police actions. Does not equal a chest full pretty ribbons.
Looking at these characters You'd think all we do now is hand out participation ribbons.
Looks silly to me.
they probably are hand out ribbons that's the "culture" now.
jinx758
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

My step son ... 21yr old

He spends too much energy & time trying to get answers from others instead of finding out the answer for himself. It's not stuff like how to talk to girls or why is the sky blue, mostly mundane BS that could be solved by a simple Goo-Goo search.

AND ... when he asks for advice or is given opinions on how to handle a situation it's like talking to a brick wall.
THEN either does nothing or the complete opposite.

7 years ago I remember telling my Dad I was sorry for whatever I did or said back when I was 15 to 19. He's 83 now & just chuckled.

The wife & I just want him to avoid unpleasant stuff if possible as we have some experience & a little bit of common sense.

All the best ... stay safe

jinx

It's not unlike the same difference

You can't push a rope

VALVES (cold)
CARB (fully warmed engine)

SCRAPE ALL GROUNDS

My Craigslist rescued 100 footer :
1971 Standard Bug
1776cc dual port
034 distributor
38mm EGAS Carburetor
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Mickey bitsko wrote:
Looks silly to me.

Informally, without going into detail, the ones on the top row and second row count for serious shit going down. Upper tiers with little stars added means the wearer has been thru the shit more than once.
Once you get down to Bronz Star and Purple Heart, afterwards it tends to been there, done that.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 34 of 62

Jump to: