Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aftermarket tank
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cptn. Calzone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject: Aftermarket tank Reply with quote

Std tank was full of junk so we got a Dansk.Fits good however the fuel vent bung is much larger 15mm/vs 9 mm of stocker Any suggestions without a Frankenstien solution
?
?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: aftermarket tank Reply with quote

show us a picture of to what you are referring, there is a late and an early tank
allaircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: aftermarket tank Reply with quote

I had the same issue with my replacement tank. I just found a plastic reducer, so a short piece of house that is the larger diameter, to the reducer, than the smaller diameter hose to the expansion tank.
Cptn. Calzone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: aftermarket tank Reply with quote

any chance of the source for the reducer?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: aftermarket tank Reply with quote

Ace Hardware.
Cptn. Calzone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket tank Reply with quote

plastic or cpvc or neoprene? Def need this to move foward
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket tank Reply with quote

Ace has plastic or brass.
allaircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket tank Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I'm away from home for up to 6 weeks at a time and I have a lot of family time to catch up with.

Anyways all I did was use a brass hose reducer. If you google brass hose reducer you will see what I am talking about. Just need the size of the hoses you are using.
Cptn. Calzone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket tank Reply with quote

thank you
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: