Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Barndoor hardware (nuts, bolts, etc.)
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:09 am    Post subject: Barndoor hardware (nuts, bolts, etc.) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm sifting through years of forum posts trying to find answers to a myriad of questions.

I am unfortunately a very isolated barndoor owner in my part of the world, so I am heavily reliant upon the Internet community...

After [far too] many years, my RHD '54 Kombi has arrived home, following extensive metal work. It was largely stripped and left for dead several decades ago, so I had precious little to reference and salvage as investigative material.

I had very few nuts and bolts to begin with and what little was salvageable, is in dire condition.

I have no idea what size and length of bolts to use across most of the bus.

Does anyone supply hardware kits for barndoors?

Is there any sort of reference material available online that might cast some light on what to source for any particular part of the bus?

We're starting from scratch and this is daunting.

Thank you.

iowegian wrote:
People who are allowed to have signature lines annoy me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lowdown Dirty Rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor hardware (nuts, bolts, etc.) Reply with quote

This will have most of your answers.

http://oacdp.org/5054part.html?fbclid=IwAR0LXCRkBctaGRVYUg04n-yWJSS5MIjeV6fN0vdqcNDTTiemRSN3ZOdcJMk

Good luck dude.
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor hardware (nuts, bolts, etc.) Reply with quote

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:
This will have most of your answers.

http://oacdp.org/5054part.html?fbclid=IwAR0LXCRkBctaGRVYUg04n-yWJSS5MIjeV6fN0vdqcNDTTiemRSN3ZOdcJMk

Good luck dude.

That is amazing.

Thank you! Very Happy

iowegian wrote:
People who are allowed to have signature lines annoy me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NAES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor hardware (nuts, bolts, etc.) Reply with quote

That is a really impressive resource! Does anyone have a picture of the front cover? I would really like a hard copy of this!

NAES
SBS #00
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor hardware (nuts, bolts, etc.) Reply with quote

That scan is of the April 55 parts list.

Some images of the cover here:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/genuine-vw-split-screen-bus-camper-532590747

There is also a 53 parts list which has a similar looking cover and a '51 parts list that looks different.
Lowdown Dirty Rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor hardware (nuts, bolts, etc.) Reply with quote

Wow. I didn’t know that!
Anywhere the 53 or 51 are available like the 55?
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor hardware (nuts, bolts, etc.) Reply with quote

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:
Wow. I didn’t know that!
Anywhere the 53 or 51 are available like the 55?

I haven't seen them online.

The '53 list is pretty rare and the '51 list is bound into a paperback book so it might be annoying for anyone to scan without cutting it apart.

I think the 4/55 book includes most or all of the information found in the early books, so it might not be super helpful for much.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: