Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is this bug worth saving?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyPgh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this bug worth saving? Reply with quote

Probably do for a patch job and run around car....maybe.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
bomberbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this bug worth saving? Reply with quote

Guy that owns the property does not have the title, but he said he knows where the owner is. So he is going to try and get the title. I may be able to swing by again on a road trip, I could take a small floor jack, shovel, and some tools and try and lift it up, prop it up with some rocks and look to see how bad the rust is. I don't want to put a lot of effort into the car if I can't get a clean title, and I don't want to go through the hassle of getting a clean title from DMV, and see the car come apart when we pull with a tractor. Definitely would not do a restore like I did my 68, I think this one I would do just enough to make it safely driveable, and maybe spray clear over it to hold the patina.
Thanks for the comments by the way, makes me look at it holistically.
Marion, Iowa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this bug worth saving? Reply with quote

If title doesn't pan out and/or if pan doesn't pan out. Still... that body has a great weather to it. You could drop that body on another pan. I really like the vibe to it.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Hnoroian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this bug worth saving? Reply with quote

I believe that is a question everyone asks when the see possible toys. It’s a perfect project vehicle for ACVW yard art. Carefully take it out from Mother Earth and repurpose its parts.

iowegian wrote:
Glenn wrote:
heimlich wrote:
If you are going to drive it around it may be worth it.

It's sitting on the ground... it's gonna crumble when you dig it out.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If Bomberbob is very very careful he should be able to dig it up and replant it in his front lawn. His neighbors are gonna love it. Very Happy

My old neighbors planted a palm tree in the middle of theirs and rooted to the ground.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: