Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

California rains
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
"Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"
or
"Who'll Stop the Rain?"

Or "Let it Rain"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Carpenters' "Rainy Days and Mondays"
Doors' "Riders on the Storm"
Dead's "Box of Rain"
The Who's ambiguously spelled "Love Reign O'er Me"
...and of course the Beatles' "Rain"
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Bert Bacharach

rain drops keep falling on my head
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

I dont know about y'all but "I Love a Rainy Night"...

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Neil knows how to deal with rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtIibcNDQ6o
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Ozzy - Black Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWRnT3FLW3Q&li...mp;index=3

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Rain
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Pink Rain? WWPT?
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Laughing Brick wall

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

"I Wish It Would Rain" The Temptations (1968)
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Rhythm Of The Rain...
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

I wonder if the metereologist who wrote that California was in a Biblical drought feels like an ass right now?. we are closer to breaking the snow pack level record in the Sierras and have several dams that may over flow as they are expected to reach full capacity within days. I know, we had dry spells, ( but in my best British accent narrating African drought stricken animals) But wait..... there is hope! (thunder and lightning in the back ground as rain comes down!!!)

The Metropolitan Water District has declared a drought emergency for all of Southern California after officials announced that conditions on the Colorado River, the Southland’s primary water supply, are dire and getting worse.

Mandatory water restrictions could be implemented as early as next year for an estimated 19 million residents.

NOAA releases California winter weather predictions
“The western North America is in a drought we haven’t seen in 1,200 years. So, it’s not overstating things to say that we’re in a drought of biblical proportions,” said Brad Coffey, a water resource manager with MWD.

Coffey, who represents the nation’s largest water supplier, said that if residents don’t start conserving water now, all of Southern California could experience difficult days this coming spring and summer.

Despite the recent rain and snow, experts say the past three years have been the driest in California history, leaving reservoirs critically low as the state enters its fourth year of drought.

“Think of it as a deficit to a bank account,” Coffey told KTLA’s John Fenoglio. “We’ve spent down our bank account for the past three years, and though we’ve got a little coming in now, we’ve still got a long way to go to make up for what’s happened over the last three years.”

by: Josh DuBose, John Fenoglio

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

The main point is valid that, especially with groundwater, one wet year does not even the balance.

But when they say California reservoirs are down, our own eyes and the state's data call bull$hit on that.

Mead and Powell are the source for MWD, and they are still WAY under normal, and have not benefitted from this year's California bounty.

So we still need to conserve. But there is no need to exaggerate; that only hurts the cause.
DesertSasquatchXploration
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

I have Onxmaps maps for planning my desert trips and it shows who owns the land LA county owns every river and possible low spot that would collect water clear into NorCal bought almost a 100 years ago. The animated Movie Rango rings so true on how screwed we are.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
The main point is valid that, especially with groundwater, one wet year does not even the balance.

Mead and Powell are the source for MWD, and they are still WAY under normal, and have not benefited from this year's California bounty.

So we still need to conserve. But there is no need to exaggerate; that only hurts the cause.

Similar in Arizona this year; the Arizona-only reservoirs are full now, so full that water must be simply released/wasted running through Phoenix (doesn't happen too often).

However, the shared-state (California, Arizona, Nevada) Colorado River reservoirs like Lake Mead and Powell are still low like KTPhil mentioned, their supply comes from places like Colorado further east.

Lake Mead got so low that corpses dumped there decades ago were found.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

I kinda like the whoos version.or was that clapton?probably clapton with the who.or parts of the who. perhaps all that rain will fill in the fault lines and glue the falts back together...or....make cali island.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:
Remind me when the next round of tornados hits California. Same with hurricanes.

From the all knowing Google:
California averages 11 tornados per year, typically in the winter and spring.Jan 10, 2023

Hurricanes/Cyclones are rare.

The National Weather Service confirmed the tornado “briefly touched down” in an industrial park and warehouse district in the city of Montebello and rated the tornado an EF-1 with estimated peak winds of 110 mph – the strongest tornado to hit the Los Angeles area since 1983.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:
Remind me when the next round of tornados hits California. Same with hurricanes.

From the all knowing Google:
California averages 11 tornados per year, typically in the winter and spring.Jan 10, 2023

Hurricanes/Cyclones are rare.

The National Weather Service confirmed the tornado “briefly touched down” in an industrial park and warehouse district in the city of Montebello and rated the tornado an EF-1 with estimated peak winds of 110 mph – the strongest tornado to hit the Los Angeles area since 1983.

Compared to the EF-5 monsters that vacuum Oklahoma on an annual basis, I'll take my chances with an EF-1 "twister" once every 40 years...
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
KTPhil wrote:

Mead and Powell are the source for MWD, and they are still WAY under normal, and have not benefited from this year's California bounty.

Similar in Arizona this year; the Arizona-only reservoirs are full now, so full that water must be simply released/wasted running through Phoenix (doesn't happen too often).

However, the shared-state (California, Arizona, Nevada) Colorado River reservoirs like Lake Mead and Powell are still low like KTPhil mentioned, their supply comes from places like Colorado further east.

Lake Mead got so low that corpses dumped there decades ago were found.

The minute we get rain, we should be officially declared out of a drought. Not having enough water to supply the excessive use of water by the people, should be another story.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: California rains Reply with quote

Headline in today's LA Times: "‘There’s nothing left’: At least 26 killed and dozens injured in Deep South tornadoes" No, thanks. I'll stay away from that sh*t any day... Sad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: