Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Middle Row Captains Chair for 01 Camper
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:46 pm    Post subject: Middle Row Captains Chair for 01 Camper Reply with quote

Hey folks. I found a middle row captains chair for my 01 camper, but it’s in Portland Oregon and Im in New York.
I didn’t realize that Greyhound no longer offers shipping, and UShip is quoting me an INSANE number (almost $1400) FedEx and UPS each require a freight account (which I have) and it still looks like it would be about $500-700.
Does anyone know of a shipping service that’s worth looking at?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Middle Row Captains Chair for 01 Camper Reply with quote

Try Craigslist. Sometimes people post space in the vehicle or trailer and are willing to transport things to offset their travel expenses.

Alternatively, to ship something large like a seat, a skid is generally more cost effective than boxed. Business to business or depot to depot are the cheapest, generally.
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Middle Row Captains Chair for 01 Camper Reply with quote

If it's less than 150lbs and less than 160 inches of combines length and girth, UPS will take it. The girth is probably the issue.

kourt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Middle Row Captains Chair for 01 Camper Reply with quote

Most conventional ground shippers have shifted to heavily penalizing large package shipments over the past few years. I imagine freight will be your only real option, and I also imagine it will be too expensive to be worthwhile. You might take a look at freightquote.com though to confirm that.

Another thought (maybe possible / practical, maybe not): dismantling the seat into 2-3 pieces?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: