Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stock Intake runner size
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Simon DeCasas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject: Stock Intake runner size Reply with quote

What size are the intake runner tubes on a type 4 stock FI system and what type of boot do they use trying to compare what size they are in comparison to a stock type 3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lars S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Intake runner size Reply with quote

Just measured my 1.7 D-jet runners to 33.5/36.5mm (id/od).
The (from 1974) 1.8 L-jet runners are from what i can find 36.0mm id (not 100% sure there).

They all use the same type of "wowen hose" boot, this boot is for 1.8/2.0 but should work for 1.7 with clamps or find 1.7 specific boots.

https://www.parts-wise.com/039133241-914-%2870-76%...s./p41549/

Lars S
Suzuki T500, -69, Candy Gold, sold Sad
Suzuki K50, -77, Black, daily driver
BMW R69S -69, White, sold Sad
Husqvarna 118cc, -47, Black, Sold Sad
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Intake runner size Reply with quote

The part number for the stock 1.7L runner boot is 022 133 241 B. The book lists it as 35mm x 4mm x 58mm.

In the long past due to difficulty finding these boots. Then in later years, difficulty finding good ones that last....I found that you can go to a good hose shop and usually find fuel rated industrial hose that works with clamps.

Here is an NOS set for $14.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292406216989

There is another NOS listing for these on ebay that are $19 each. Do not spend big money on NOS boots. If they are old enough and depending on how they are stored, they may be hard as a rock. That $14 for 4 is a good deal.

Also check with the Vanagon guys about their runner diameter but Cip1
has new ones that say Germany for $25 per set. They say universal so you would probably takes Lars advice and use sealer and/or clamps.

https://www2.cip1.com/vwc-039-133-241-4/

I use clamps either way. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Intake runner size Reply with quote

For my 1800 with an aftermarket center mount carb, I used fuel filler hose for the boots, the boots are now over 30 years old and still seem fine. Can't remember the size but since my custom manifold runners were built from stock 412 parts and pieces so the boots are going to be the same size. They seems expensive way back when, but have proven themselves to be worth the cost.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: