Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Beetle Mechanic The Woodlands/Conroe TX area?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
68ter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject: VW Beetle Mechanic The Woodlands/Conroe TX area? Reply with quote

VW Beetle Rookie here. Very proud to join the VW fam.

Well- after 35 years of wanting a Beetle, I found exactly what I was looking for (without having to build one) 3 weeks ago and brought it home. A 1968 beautiful-beautiful restored bug that sat in a guy’s shop for the last 3 years for the most part. He occasionally drove it to keep it from getting stagnant. I’ve spent every night in the garage getting familiar with it and replacing obvious parts that are needed from sitting.

However, I’d like find a mechanic on the north side of Houston to get it running top notch and make sure it has 100% bill of health. It runs decent now but sure it could use a tune up and I just don’t have knowledge of all the intricacies yet. I plan on being efficient in making repairs myself in the future….just need a mentor to get me started.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Let me know if anyone here (or knows of anyone) in North Houston specializes in working on Beetles. This forum has already helped me tremendously.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OTTO 1303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Beetle Mechanic The Woodlands/Conroe TX area? Reply with quote

Very Nice !!!

Hope you can find someone to assist

Good Luck
OldSchoolVW's Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Beetle Mechanic The Woodlands/Conroe TX area? Reply with quote

Welcome to the Samba!

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Applause

You could check with VW clubs in the Houston area:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/clubs/index.php

or

Sign up for Air-Schooled's emails or contact Robbie to see if he'll be touring in your area:

https://www.airschooled.com/

You could also check to see if he is currently doing video/phone consultations and orientations:

https://www.airschooled.com/mechanical-services

Hope this is helpful. Smile

"Following distance is proportional to IQ."

'63 Beetle Sedan
'69 Beetle Sunroof
'70 Beetle Sedan
'73 Type 3 Fastback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: VW Beetle Mechanic The Woodlands/Conroe TX area? Reply with quote

There's only a few true VW air cooled mechanics in Houston. Email me or call and I can put you in touch with some.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: