Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sound-deadening pads under headlining
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:12 am    Post subject: Sound-deadening pads under headlining Reply with quote

I’d like to unearth the secrets of the sounds deadening material that was glued to the inner roof under the headlining.

I think there were 4 pads installed in a Deluxe:
2 front
2 rear

Probably more than 4 pads installed in a Standard.

Can we find some pictures of them in place?

How many were there?
What size were they?
How were they positioned?
Were Kombis just bare-roofed?
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Sound-deadening pads under headlining Reply with quote

I have a late 52 deluxe at my shop right now with complete original headliner that I will be removing. Ill take photos and measurements of the padding/insulation before I remove it.
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Sound-deadening pads under headlining Reply with quote

Jake, fantastic, thank you! Please do.
Scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Sound-deadening pads under headlining Reply with quote

RockStock wrote:

Were Kombis just bare-roofed?

Yes, no sound deadening was fitted to my kombi

I'd be curious to know the length of his tip.

http://scottys-stuff.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Sound-deadening pads under headlining Reply with quote

Thanks Scotty. One situation confirmed.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: