Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVCFOREVER11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

Its not a trick question .Im remembering something from a long time ago. Can water pumps get clogged???
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

EVCFOREVER11 wrote:
Its not a trick question .Im remembering something from a long time ago. Can water pumps get clogged???

If we're talking the engine pump, there are two. The main one driven off the timing belt, and a secondary afterrun pump that's electrically powered, and runs after shutdown to dissipate engine heat and prevent heat soak related problems.

Clogging would be very unlikely. Sometimes the impellers fall off though, which would cause no flow.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

Isn't the main pump impellers made of plastic and break. There are metal replacements.
EVCFOREVER11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

Very interesting I have a problem that I can not resolve after I did a flush. I fill the coolant system and the water/coolant as it starts to warm up you see the water/coolant start to rise and when its hot it shoots out the reservoir like a volcano ! Ive tried just about everything nothing has resolved it so far , Im at my wits end.
subdewd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

Possible head gasket
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

subdewd wrote:
Possible head gasket

It's also possible that the thermostat is just stuck.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

Head gasket test kits are cheap, easy to use with internet instructions, and available at any FLAPS.

Any other recent work done to van?
wannabecamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

EVCFOREVER11 wrote:
Very interesting I have a problem that I can not resolve after I did a flush. I fill the coolant system and the water/coolant as it starts to warm up you see the water/coolant start to rise and when its hot it shoots out the reservoir like a volcano ! Ive tried just about everything nothing has resolved it so far , Im at my wits end.

It started to happen after you flushed and not before? What did you do to flush?
EVCFOREVER11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

Not the thermostat , not head the gasket. Head dye test came out neg. , thermostat been changed three times and now its just out.
wannabecamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

If the thermostat is out, then the only thing that I can think of is that there is a blockage. (no shit you may say Very Happy ) The return hose at the bottom of the reservoir connects to the metal pipe that returns to the block at driver side front. Check the pipe/hose and see if there is a blockage. Here is a 5 cylinder coolant diagram with my chicken scratch of the coolant flow.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
EVCFOREVER11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

I found this I have watched his videos before but never saw this one till a buyer showed it to me . Thomas EXOVCDS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlzDtTSHV6w&t=14s How could I attempt to do this vacuum thing from home sitting under a car port ?
Tvättbjörn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: How many water pumps are in a 95 Eurovan Reply with quote

any updates? Check the upper outlet connection #26 in the picture. They like to plug up.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: